Monday, February 1, 2016

HAED QS Red Hearts Progress - February 2016

This was my progress update in January on the Heaven and Earth Designs QS Red Hearts chart based on artwork by Ching-Chou Kuik.

I probably spent too much time working on this project in January (as I over committed myself a bit last month), but I found it quite relaxing to work on and loved seeing the colors emerge. 


As part of a challenge on a Facebook group, I completed some of the work in diagonal 10 x 10 stitch blocks. 

1,818 stitches were added and the project is now 22.79% complete.


I am linking up with the Monday Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape! again this week. It is a great place to visit for a free embroidery pattern and to find links to more eye candy. If you do any hand stitching and have a blog, I encourage you to join the fun!

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee



7 comments:

Justine said...

That's amazing progress! Almost a quarter complete. She is so beautiful.

Christine B said...

This is really looking fabulous Renee! You have made fantastic progress this month! Christine x

Katie said...

Oh you got a lot done! Great job!!

Anthea said...

She's coming along beautifully Renee - one over one is just too daunting for me but I'll definitely do it in the future sometime!
Her colors are so gorgeous , can't wait to see her wings grow!

Anonymous said...

Very noticeable progress! You must be excited to see so much of it coming together. I'm looking at those 10 x 10 squares and thinking that is way too small an area for 100 stitches. LOL No wonder it takes so long.

Brigitte said...

You could add a lot to this piece. Funny to see the diagonal squares.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I wondered why you had done the square sections, so it was interesting to see that it was a challenge. This piece is really growing!