Monday, February 22, 2016

CQJP 2016 January Block Completed!


Well... the end of February is drawing near and I finally completed my CQJP 2016 January block! (CQJP stands for Crazy Quilt Journal Project. You may learn more about it here and see tons of crazy quilted eye candy here.)

My goal for CQJP 2016 is to create 12 12-inch blocks that will be pieced into a quilt for my bedroom. The color scheme in our room is red, black and white. Sticking primarily to these colors has been challenging in itself. Creating a block that will hold up to multiple trips through our washing machine and dryer in the future has also been challenging. (I do miss adding beads and bits of silk ribbon embroidery.) However, adding a few polymer clay buttons I created myself was a lot of fun. 

Because I frequently see work on other blogs and wonder how things were done, I have shared details including the stitches and flosses I used to create each seam and each motif along the way. These posts are also my on-line journal for this project. For easier reference, I created this Pinterest board for my CQJP 2016 project so I may easily find the details if I need to look back at something in the future.


I am linking this post with Monday Stitchery Link Party #46 at Super Mom - No Cape! I do hope you will stop by to see the vintage embroidery pattern Sue has shared this week and to see the lovely work other bloggers have shared.

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee

20 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

What wonderful work you do! That will make a lovely quilt. I look forward to seeing all of your blocks this year.

Carm said...

I love your colors as they are favorites of mine, too!

Christine B said...

What a fabulous block Renee! I have enjoyed watching this come together and the finished block is just beautiful! The polymer clay buttons are really cute! Christine x

Renee said...

Thank you, Carm. :)

Quayceetatter said...

Lots of beautiful stitching!!

MaryAnn Chick Whiteside said...

Thank you for the details

Deb said...

Lovely block, the heart button is just so sweet. I look forward to seeing how each block is done.

Tiffstitch said...

Awesome!! Congrats on finishing your block. It's gorgeous.

Renee said...

Thank you Deb and MaryAnn!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of the whole block. It really hangs together well. The seam embellishments divide the block nicely and lead me to look at all the cute motifs you added. Even without the beads and lace, this looks very artistic. I'm going to love seeing what you create next!

Brigitte said...

This is a wonderful start of blocks for your new bedroom quilt. And although you couldn't use silk ribbons and beads you found enough other materials to make a create a great block.

Anthea said...

Wow Renee, this block is gorgeous, well done!
I love your idea of making a quilt from all the blocks you create during the year

KimM said...

HOLY SHMOLY. This is gorgeous. Now...one to block #2?
Hugs

Diane said...

Beautiful colors and stitching pattern on your block Renee.

Hugs Diane

Createology said...

Your January CQ block is gorgeous. How smart that you have a finished goal in mind for a bedroom quilt. Embracing Creative Bliss...

PatQuilts said...

I've been eagerly awaiting the photo of the entire block. It is beautiful, Renee. Thank you for sharing every step of your progress in such detail. Documenting the project on Pinterest is a wonderful idea.

Katie said...

The reason the word love is on there is because you can't help but LOVE this. So beautiful all put together!!! Can't wait to see the next ones.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I already knew this block was going to be wonderful and I was absolutely right! Thank you for sharing the detailed how to's as you went along -something we can all benefit from.

Renee said...

Thank you, Diane and Pat!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

So nice, Renee!