Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Valentine Postcard Swap and Other Notes

2016 Crazy Quilting International Valentine Postcard Swap
This crazy quilted Valentine postcard went out in the mail yesterday to another participant in the 2016 Crazy Quilting International Valentine Postcard Swap.


I had more fun playing with Sharon B.'s Crazy Quilt Templates Set 2 to create the vines. 

(Click on any image for a larger view.)


And to space my buttonhole stitches for this flower seam. 


This was such a fun project to work on!


I hope the recipient likes it!

January was a crazy busy month. I might have over-committed myself just a bit. Maybe. <Grins> 

There was a fair amount of time spent behind the scenes working with my fellow moderators for the Crazy Quilting International group, setting up quarterly challenges. We do hope the members of the group have fun with them! The first challenge will to create an Extended Seam (building a seam with several stitches.) This is not one of my strong points; so, I plan to try working on this skill.  I have also been working on a "How to Make a Crazy Quilted Fabric Postcard Tutorial" that I hope to complete and share on the Crazy Quilting International blog by the beginning of next week.

In addition to working on my cross-stitch projects and completing Mary's block for the CQI UTS Round Robin, I created a tissue cover to add to my Etsy shop - Hand Stitched Treasure. (However, I am waiting to list it until I have a few more items completed for the inventory. The shop is empty at the moment.) 

My January Crazy Quilt Journal Project (CQJP) 2016 block is still in progress. I will share an update soon! I fell a bit behind schedule working a few things I will be able to share in May, after the release of the Summer edition of the Crazy Quilt Quarterly Magazine.

Tomorrow, I hope to be able to share a secret project I created last October. (Hint: If you have a copy of the Spring 2016 edition of the Crazy Quilt Quarterly, then you have already seen it.) 


The Spring edition is now available on Magcloud, here. I am not affiliated with the magazine. However, it was fun to submit my work and see it in print along with so many talented artists! There are some fantastic crazy quilts and fun tutorials in this edition.

I do hope if you crazy quilt that you might consider making a submission for the Autumn 2016 edition. The deadline is May 1st. You may find more details here. There is also a Crazy Quilt Quarterly Calendar Contest with a May 1st deadline; you may find more details about that here.

On another note, if any of you would like to know more about Audrey Hepburn, there is a giveaway this week at Wisdom with Needle and Thread you may want to check out. (I encourage you to stroll through some of Kim's posts to see some of her lovely work while you are there.)

Now, I am off to try out a new craft! I received some polymer clay for Christmas from my sweet husband and my boys. My first attempt at making my own buttons for my crazy quilt work should be fun, if nothing else!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Renee

11 comments:

Createology said...

Congratulations on your CQ publication. Beautiful Valentine fabric postcard and your recipient is very fortunate. Creative Bliss Dear...

Katie said...

Oh the postcard is just too adorable! Great job!! Love your snowman cover. Perfect. Good luck with your button making.

Diane said...

What a creative postcard design and love the snowman.

Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

A new craft? You are so ambitious! I love the postcard, and the banner from it. I meant to say that about the banner in my last comment and forgot. Yeah, it doesn't take much, just out of sight, out of mind. LOL I look forward to seeing your CQJP block. I'm at a standstill until I get my postcard embroidered. Hope to finish it tomorrow night, or Friday at the latest.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love your postcard:) I've been thinking about getting Sharon's second set of templates.

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! Your postcard is fabulous! It is a lot of fun! I am sure the recipient will be delighted with it! I love your tissue sachet also... so cute! Have fun with the polymer clay... can't wait to see some homemade buttons! Christine x

Renee said...

Thank you, Diane!

Pamela said...

Beautiful valentine postcard! I'm sure whoever receives it, will treasure it.

Brigitte said...

OH, what a beautiful Valentine postcard you created. I do love this craft and one day I'll try myself on it. Lovely tissue cover, too.

KimM said...

Your postcard is stunning....and thank you for mentioning my giveaway.
Hugs

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a sweet postcard! After I did that one before Christmas I now have a hankering to make some more. I popped over to visit Kim and plan to stick around - thank you for telling us about her.