Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Feeling Spoiled


On Monday I received a phone call from a relative that was facing a stressful situation this week. So, I canceled my plans on Tuesday so I could hang out with someone I care about and lend a helping hand. After 7 hours of helping out, I headed off to do my grocery shopping for the week and then made the half hour drive home to make dinner for my family. (Exhausted? Who? Me?)


Imagine my absolute delight to find a package from Wales sitting on my dining room table. 


Let me back up a second. Last year, I don't remember what led me to it, but I stumbled upon the blog "Quilts and Cakes" and was so delighted with the projects Gina shared on her blog that I began to follow her posts. My family read all of the Harry Potter books. (In fact, we finished the last 3 hours of the first book sitting around our dining room table and reading by candlelight because the power went out.) So, I was delighted when I saw the Hogwarts/Harry Potter swap quilt Gina made. Other favorites from her blog include the Little Red Riding Hood mug rug Gina created for a fairy tale mug rug swap and the Harley Quinn quilt she created for a Villains Swap. And, I love "An Octopus's Garden", which she made for an Under the Ocean swap. (In fact, the dolphins in that piece inspired my attempt at embroidering a dolphin on Annette's block in the UTS round robin I am in.)


Through comments, email and even Facebook, Gina and I have become friends this past year. A short time ago, she asked for my address so she could mail me a few "bits and pieces" she did no longer needed and hoped I could use. I had no idea she was sending me such a treasure trove of goodies!


Wow! Am I spoiled, or what?! It will be so much fun to incorporate these treasures into my work. Thank you, Gina! Your sweet package was a delightful ending to a very long day.

I am wishing you all an amazing day!
-Renee


11 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You are going to have such fun playing with all your new goodies!! The timing obviously couldn't have been any better.

Justine said...

What a lovely package! I'm sure you will make good use of them.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a nice surprise...and such great LOOT! Sometimes you meet someone in the cyber world and you just click. So glad you have such a great internet friendship.
xx, Carol

Christine B said...

What an exciting package to come home to after such a busy day! You have been very lucky and I know you will put every last thing to great use! Have fun! Christine x

Katie said...

Wow what a surprise! Love all the beautiful sea related charms. Can't wait to see how you use them.

Laurie said...

What a nice surprise! I'm sure you'll make something gorgeous from your treasures.

Dawn said...

You have to agree, bloggers make the best friends, so generous and inspiring in every way. One good turn deserves another and you were rewarded by helping out your relative with a lovely surprise.

Anthea said...

Wow what a fabulous stash of goodies Renee - & so generous too... I bet you'll get so much good use from the items...

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great package! Those are going to be so fabulous to use. I smiled to see your pictures from your exhausting day. =)

Sheryl said...

What a lovely surprise, just the type all us stitcher like. Generous friend.

Brigitte said...

It must be great to receive such a wonderful surprise package. Enjoy all the great things in it.