371 stitches were added to my Charting Creations Fractal White Tiger cross-stitch project this month.
The project is now 20.79% complete.
I started this piece on January 1, 2016 to participate with the Stitchy Start blog.
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Sunday, January 26, 2020
2,922 stitches have been added to my Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) Storykeep Effects of Caffeine cross-stitch project, based on artwork by Randal Spangler.
I apologize for the crooked photo.
There are only 2,265 stitches to go!
The needle marks the bottom of the design.
This is how it looked in our last update.
I am participating in the 100 Days of HAED Challenge, with a goal of adding 30 stitches a day to this piece from January 1st - April 9th. It has really helped with my progress this month.
This Stitch Along (SAL) is hosted by Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea. Each blogger selects a project to work on and we share our progress every 3rd Sunday.
Please hop on over to everyone else's blogs to see the progress on their projects. We are all in different time zones, so if a post is not up yet, check again later.
Our next update will be on February 16th.
If you were unable to visit all of the blogs last time, there were a few happy dances! (Hopefully, I have not missed any of them...)
- Constanze finished Mr. Iguana and he is fabulous, as seen in this post!
- Anne finished not one, but two embroideries based on cliffs from Portsea. You may see them here.
- Sue finished a darling cross-stitch and her pillowcase, as seen here.
There were also 3 finishes in December:
- Sunny finished a fabulous Christmas banner, as seen here.
- Carmela also finished her lovely sampler, "De Senectute", which you may see here.
- Connie finished her Gingerbread house, as seen here.
Thank you for visiting!
Sunday, January 5, 2020
1,142 stitches have been added to my Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) Storykeep Effects of Caffeine cross-stitch project since our last update. This sleepy dragon is one of my favorite pieces of art by Randal Spangler!
A bit of the moon is beginning to appear on the cup. Page 3 (of 4) should be finished by our next update on January 26th.
This is how it looked in our last update.
With my goal to add 650 stitches every 3 weeks, I should have a finish to share on June 21st!
I am participating in the 100 Days of HAED Challenge through the Stitchtalk HAED Challenges Facebook Group. My goal is to add 30 stitches a day to this piece every day January 1st - April 9th, so I hope to have a finish to share before June. We shall see...
Thank you for visiting! I do hope you will stop and visit the other bloggers participating in this SAL. We are happy to have AJ joining us!
If you are interested in participating, Avis hosts the SAL and has more details on her blog (see the first link below.)
Happy New Year!
Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, Sue,
Constanze, Christina, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy,
Linda, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley,
Megan, Deborah, Mary Margaret, Jenny,
Carmela, Jocelyn, Sharon, Daisy, Anne, Connie, AJ
Saturday, January 4, 2020
I hope 2020 is a fabulous year for all of you and that it is a great start to an amazing decade!
The last decade had a few blips in the road, but there were a lot of positives. Discovering crazy quilting and hand embroidery was definitely one of the biggest highlights. And I treasure all of the friendships I have made through our blogging community.
This year, I am trying to keep my goals simple and only participate in challenges that move me closer to those goals.
- Track the miles I run throughout the year.
- Participate in at least 2 races.
- Finish Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) Storykeep Effects of Caffeine.
- Add at least 300 stitches/month to my charting Creations Fractal White Tiger.
- Finish a row of pages on my HAED Twilight Duel.
Challenges & Commitments:
- Share Fractal White Tiger progress on the Stitchy Start Blog monthly.
- Continue sharing cross-stitch progress every 3rd Sunday with the Stitch Along (SAL) hosted by Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea. (Our next update is January 5th.)
- January 1 - April 9: 100 Days of HAED Challenge to add 30 stitches to one project (SK Effects of Caffeine) every day. (This is organized by Porsche in the Stitchtalk HAED Challenges Facebook Group.)
- Make progress on an unfinished object (UFO) each month through the American Patchwork & Quilting UFO Challenge. (Most projects on my list are the same as last year.)
- Share a post on the 1 X-mas Item a Month blog every month. (I plan to share progress on my Winter/Christmas wall quilt - which is also #9 on my UFO Challenge list this year.) If you are interested in joining, details are here.
UFO Challenge - #2 was selected for January. So, my goal is to finally finish this crazy quilted fabric postcard Valentine.
1 X-mas Item a Month - Add more snowflakes to my Winter/Christmas wall quilt.
We shall see how I do with my goals this month. Honestly, I will be happy with any progress at all. Life is busy and it is short. Spending time with loved ones is always a priority.
I wish you and yours an amazing 2020!
Thank you for visiting.