Friday, February 19, 2016

CQJP 2016 January Block Seam 10 and Motif 8

The 8th motif on my Crazy Quilt Journal Project (CQJP 2016) January block was inspired by an idea in the ebook that came along with Sharon B.'s Crazy Quilt Templates Set 2.

I used the templates to trace the flower stems and leaves.

Size 8 DMC #320 pearl cotton was used to stitch the stems using a stem stitch and the leaves, using the Vandyke stitch.

Size 8 DMC #B5200 pearl cotton was used to create detached chain stitches to make a butterfly and to add a running stitch flight path.

Next, I added 3 of the polymer clay buttons I made earlier this month using Premo Sculpey 5042 Black, 5001 White and 5026 Pomegranate.


Seam 10 was embellished with a simple chain stitch using size 8 Anchor #1206 pearl cotton.

Thanks again for stopping by!
Renee

Note: I am not affiliated with Sharon B.'s crazy quilt templates. I was asked to review the Set 2 templates and am still having fun playing with them in the process!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Your new buttons you made look perfect! Beautiful work.

Jill said...

Your flowers are adorable ~ and they're even more special since you made them! I love the butterfly in flight.

KimM said...

What a delightful stitch and design....and you used your buttons! They look great. Well done.
xxx

desertskyquilts said...

The flowers are adorable because of those perfect buttons! Your husband did well in his gift-giving idea. =)