August flew by, didn't it?! Our family made a fair amount of progress with yardwork plans. The front yard is done. The backyard is a work in progress. We hoped to complete it tomorrow, but the temperature is supposed to exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit again this weekend. (Hmm... That sounds like a great excuse to work on crafty projects.)
I do hope this cute little fellow decides to visit again soon!
Progress with my August goals...
I fear I spent the majority of my limited crafty time cross-stitching in August. You may see my full list of August goals here. 2 of the 7 goals I shared were completed.
#2 Complete a gift for a friend's daughter. I finished it on August 30th and will share it on the blog soon!
#5 Sun, Sand, and Sea Block of the Month Blocks 5 and 6 were completed. More photos and details are here.
Although the list of craft goals in my planner (shared in the photo at the top of this post) is 21 items long, I will not be attempting to finish all of them in September. However, I do plan to finish those listed below (and hopefully a few more!)
1. Make an eyeglasses case for my (empty) Etsy shop.
2. Create a wall quilt with the blocks from a Crazy Quilting International Heart Round Robin. (#2 on the APQ 2017 UFO Challenge, selected in May.) You may see all of the blocks here.
3. Finish embellishing the crazy quilt stocking I am making for my son. (#10 on the APQ 2017 UFO Challenge, selected in June.)
4. Create a purse with this block from the Crazy Quilt Journal Project (CQJP) 2014. (#5 on the APQ 2017 UFO Challenge, selected in August.) You may read more about this block here.
5. Embellish my CQJP 2014 December block and make it into a bag. (This is #7 on my APQ 2017 UFO Challenge and it was selected for September.)
6. Create block 7 from the Sun, Sand, and Sea Block of the Month hosted by Amy at Sew Incredibly Crazy. My fabrics are ironed and ready to go! Amy created this darling block. You may read her post about it here. There is a link to the pattern in her post.
7. Create the darling flamingo block Carol of Just Let Me Quilt created for block 8 of the Sun, Sand, and Sea BOM. You may see it here. There is a link to the pattern, which is free throughout September.
8. Complete my first coloring class through Kit and Clowder. (I subscribed to a coloring class. Of course, I am planning to incorporate what I learn into coloring fabric!) There is a Kit and Clowder Facebook Group that I joined and this weekend there is a fun celebration of 15,000 members. If you want to check it out, the website is here and the FB group is here. (I am not affiliated.)
Please note, I may be sharing sneak peeks of my works-in-progress on Instagram or on my Facebook page throughout the month.
Top 5 Posts Viewed in August:
1. August 2017 - here
2. Twilight Duel Update #21 - August 2017 - here
3. QS Red Hearts Update - August 2017 - here
4. Sun, Sand, and Sea BOM Blocks 5 & 6 - here
5. Fractal White Tiger August 2017 - here
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you all have an amazing weekend.