Monday, August 14, 2017

QS Red Hearts Update - August 2017

If you follow me on Instagram, you likely saw several updates on QS Red Hearts, the cross-stitch chart from Heaven and Earth Designs based on artwork by Ching-Chou Kuik over the past month. 

Thanks to the motivation provided by The Stitching Hour Challenge hosted by Ambitious Stitches on Instagram from June 1st - August 1st, I made a fair amount of progress in July. 


In August, the New Official Heaven and Earth Designs Facebook Group announced a challenge to stitch 10 grids of a chart in a diagonal or checkerboard pattern with a bit of feathering on each block.

I opted to park my threads along the way. About 4 blocks in, I nearly stopped and worked the parked threads in - I figured I could work the challenge on a project without as many colors. But I decided to keep going.



In the end, I added over 3,000 stitches just completing the challenge and working in the parked threads. Since my last update 7,026 stitches were added to this piece. 1,491 stitches were added in July and another 5,535 were added this month.

I will likely continue working the chart in a diagonal pattern. There is a lot of black in the bottom row that I do not want to become bored with. Working some of the darker colors below and then some of the brighter colors above should prevent that.

If I could keep up this pace, this piece would be complete within 3 months. I do not know how likely that would be, but I am aiming finish as many projects as I can this year.

The project is 59.62% complete. (It was 44.67%)

Pages 1-3: 100%
Page 4: 97.36% (It was 28.22%)
Page 5: 21.46% (It was 7.12%)
Page 6: 7.26%
Page 7: 14.77% (It was 0%)
Page 8: 0.04% (It was 0%)


I am linking with the Monday Stitchery Link Party #123 at Super Mom - No Cape! I encourage you to pop over to see what the free embroidery pattern is this week and to see what others have been working on. If you do hand embroidery and have a blog, I encourage you to join the party!

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee


8 comments:

CathieJ said...

For some reason I get very confused when I park my threads. I am much more comfortable finishing one area at a time. I think that challenge would have really frustrated me. I love the progress you have made on QS Red Hearts though. She is very beautiful.

Queeniepatch said...

GREAT progress. It is nice to see more of her body and costume. Yes, the black part will be a bit boring so it is good to have some other areas to work at the same time.

Laura said...

Great stitching! It is nice that you have a group that motivates you to stitch.

Brigitte said...

Wow, this project has seen a lot of progress. I can't imagine doing such a challenge, must be very difficult.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - there's a huge difference between the before and after pictures! Don't know how you manage to work around all the parked threads without getting a tangled up mess (that would be what *I* would do....but obviously you're better at it than I am!).

Anthea said...

Lovely to see your progress Renee... her costume is going to be amazing!

Anonymous said...

I think it's within the realm of possibility that this will be finished by Dec. 31! She is lovely, and it's nice to see her emerge from the blank canvas.

SuperMomNoCape said...

WOW!! You've made amazing progress on this beautiful pattern. It's cool that the challenges are helping you to work towards your goals of finishing projects.

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!