Saturday, July 12, 2014

Another Snowball from Rita in Kansas!

A "snowball" from Rita at fibermaidensartwork.blogspot.com
Just look what arrived in my mailbox today!  It is so delightful, I just had to share it with you right away.

Rita in Kansas, from fibermaidensartwork.blogspot.com, and I agreed to a second snowball swap.  We aimed for the end of June, but I ran behind schedule.  I will be finishing Rita's snowball right after I finish another fun project I hope to share with you in a day or two.

What a treasure!  The beaded snowman is a perfect centerpiece.  And I just love the blue lace off to the left.  The white crocheted section is a napkin ring that Rita's friend's German grandmother made.  How incredibly sweet and special is that?!  And, as our temperatures are hitting the high 90's and expected to reach 100 by Monday, a bit of snow, does not sound half bad - lol!

As if I were not spoiled enough, this lovely heart was also included in my package.  It is just darling!

Just in case you are curious about our first swap, I thought I would share those pictures.  I will have to take a picture of my snowball collection soon to share with you all.  I absolutely adore each one!

Below is a picture of the snowball I received from Rita in October of 2013. (Click on any picture for a larger view.)
And in November 2013, Rita received the snowball I made for her - pictured  below.
Now, I am off to make dinner and finish a few chores, so I can spend some time stitching.  I want to finish Rita's next snowball and mail it out soon!

Thanks for stopping by!
Renee


No comments: