Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Snowball for Kristie W.

It has been a while since my last snowball swap, and I had been itching to swap another one.  So, I committed to 2 swaps!  The first one is with Kristie W.  The second (that I am still working on) is with Rita in KS.  (We swapped last November, too!)

This morning, I finished the snowball for Kristie.  She likes several colors, including pinks, browns, and peaches.  As for a theme, Kristie left that up to me. 

Pinks and browns just screamed, "Magnolia Tree!"  And, I have been itching to stitch something from Diana Lampe's book, Embroidery for All Seasons again.  (Please note, if you like the book and purchase it from Amazon.com through my blog, I do receive a small credit toward a gift card.  Aside from that, I have no affiliation to the the book.  I just like the lovely trees and flowers it explains how to embroider!)






























The blossoms ended up being a little more monochromatic than I had anticipated, so you have to really look to see the blooms.  But, I still liked the way the tree turned out.  (I hope Kristie does!) 
After stitching the tree, I added the fence.  The pink beaded flower seam was next, followed by the two birds in the sky. 
Then, I added Cottage Pinks (also from Embroidery for All Seasons).  The peach butterfly and his little flight path were the final additions.

I do hope Kristie likes her snowball!

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee

6 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

If she *doesn't* like it, then I really can't understand her!! It's lovely!=)

I too have that book and am keeping an eye out for an opportunity to use it... I suppose I need to take up CQ!

Pamela said...

Very nice. I'm sure she'll love it!

Renee said...

Thank you for your sweet comment! I keep thinking of embroidering some of the items from the book onto fabric to make a small framed change purse - without crazy quilting. :) I just need more hours in each day - lol!

Renee said...

Thank you, Pamela!

Rita in Kansas said...

This is awesome, you have such wonderful ideas ! love it !

Renee said...

Rita, you are so sweet! I have the same opinion of your work! I look forward to finishing up your snowball.