Friday, July 25, 2014

Another Snowball for Rita in KS!

A "snowball" for Rita in KS from Renee Y.
I finally finished making a "snowball" for Rita in KS!  She likes pinks, creams, and greens, roses, birds, and dragonflies.  So, I hope she likes this hexagon heading her way! (Click on any picture for a larger view.)

Rose bush directions are in Embroidery for all Seasons by Diana Lampe.
This rosebush is in the book, Embroidery for all Seasons by Diana Lampe.  It is one of the items in the book I have wanted to create for some time.  So, when Rita asked about swapping another snowball, I knew exactly what the focal point would be! (Note, I am not affiliated with the book or the author.  However, if you go to Amazon.com through my blog and order the book, I do earn a small credit toward a gift card.)

A small white fence stands along the "horizon" behind the rosebush.  And, a light pink butterfly is flying over to check out a rose.


The bottom of the snowball consists of a flower seam, small pink flowers and a beaded pink butterfly.

I really enjoyed watching this block come together.  I do hope Rita likes it!

In case you missed my earlier post, here is the snowball Rita sent me.  It is just darling!  To see more of her work, check out her blog: fibermaidensartwork.blogspot.com.


Rita also sent me a lovely pink heart.  In return, I mailed her a few embellishments that I purchased from Crazy Quilting Supplies earlier this year. (I am not affiliated with the shop.)  I was going to add a picture, but I want them to be a surprise for Rita.

I hope Rita likes her snowball!

Thank you for stopping by.
Renee

4 comments:

Janie said...

Your rose bush turned out lovely, good work!

Renee said...

Thank you, Janie!

Anonymous said...

the rose bush looks real! bullion stitch? I've had...issues with that particular stitch lol

Renee said...

I hope Rita cannot tell when looking closely at the snowball that I had issues with it too! I used milliners needle, so the stitches did not hang up at the eye of the needle. Some of the loops just did not want to stay even. It was still fun to make!