Thursday, January 22, 2015

Under the Sea Project for my Etsy Shop

Under the Sea Front Panel for Sew In Frame Purse
Last September, I created this panel to make a purse with a sew-in-frame for my Hand Stitched Treasure Etsy Shop (I provided a link, but there is nothing listed in the shop at the time of this posting. The one item I had listed expired...)  I planned to complete the panel for the back and finish the purse before sharing pictures.  However, I felt like sharing some fun embroidery today.

Click on any photo for a larger image.

Colored and Embroidered Seahorse..
My little seahorse had to grow on me.  I was not sure I liked it as much as I liked the needle painted (short and long stitched) one I put on my Under the Sea Purse last year.  So, I shared a picture of it with my dear friend from Little Orphan Stitch and her enthusiasm put my fears to rest. Here is a picture of the first seahorse, so you can decide for yourself. (This was my first completed motif using the short and long stitch. I know... I need more practice.)

Seahorse Embroidered with Short and Long Stitches

Here is a picture of the colored and embroidered seahorse from a bit of an angle.

Colored and Embroidered Seahorse - photographed at an angle.
Yep.  I grew to like this little sea creature.

Treasure Chest Close Up for Under the Sea Purse
This was my very first treasure chest.  Considering I drew it myself, I was quite pleased.  I later included one in the snowball (pictured below) that I made to swap with Nicki Lee.

Under the Sea Themed Crazy Quilted "Snowball" for Nicki Lee.
The back panel for this purse will have a mermaid.  The idea of stitching the hair and the tail intimidated me, so I set it aside.  However, the lovely way the mermaid turned out on the snowball I made for Nicki Lee was such a delightful surprise that I find myself looking forward to finding making the time to finish this purse.  (Confession: I find it SO much easier to make things for other people...)

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Renee



6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Making things for other people - oh yes, I agree with you on that. Making something for myself is always way down at the bottom of the list.

NickiLee said...

Ijust love your little seahorse!! and YES, I'm so happy you made the treasure chest and mermaid for "other people" ME! My pretty little mermaid you made for me is so beautiful. I need to make a few for myself so I can finally put my UTS Snowballs all together. Thank you again for creating such a pretty for me!

KimM said...

THis is SO ADORABLE!!!! I love it!

Alla said...

Very cute project !!! I like treasure chest with gold beads, many little fishes and seahorse!...especially his belly..:)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

VERY cute. Your snow ball is so neat. I love those little fish swimming everywhere. I like the idea of outlining a motif in stiches when it's colored inside. You are really using a lot of techniques in your work.

Queeniepatch said...

This scene is so beautifully made with thread and beads.