Last night, I did a bit more on the crazy quilt piece I shared on January 13th.
(Click on any image for a larger view.)
I just love how a fly stitch and a straight stitch (using a strand of DMC #4045 size 5 perle cotton) topped with a seed bead can make such a cute little flower.
For added interest, French knots were added between the flowers
using pink Anchor size 8 perle cotton.
River Silks 4 mm silk ribbon in a light pink (color #18) and a brighter pink (color #20) were used to create spider web roses and detached chain stitch rose buds.
A dark green (color #78) silk ribbon created detached chain stitched leaves for the roses and straight stitched leaves for the buds.
At this point, I was a bit worried.
I did not like the location of one of the leaves I added and the motif still looked pretty bare.
So, I worked in some feathered chain stitches using a strand of DMC #699 size 12 perle cotton to create a bit of greenery.
A few light pink seed beads created more tiny flowers.
In each corner of the ric rac bordered rectangle, I added a pair of detached chain stitches (leaves) with the same DMC #699 size 12 perle cotton.
A French knot (flower) was added with pink Anchor size 8 perle cotton.
Considering how nervous I was with the way it looked with only the silk ribbon roses,
I am quite pleased with how this little motif turned out.
Thank you so much for stopping by!