Monday, March 4, 2019

March 2019


March feels like it arrived so quickly this year!
February was another busy month.

One highlight of the month was receiving this lovely bouquet of flowers from my husband. 

Another delightful surprise was visiting Pin Tangle and seeing that Sharon encouraged new crazy quilters to check out the article in the Crazy Quilt Quarterly featuring my simple heart block


My crafting time consists of a bit of stitching during my lunch break at work and some time on the weekends. Once again, most of it was spent cross-stitching.

Twilight Duel had 1,767 stitches added - finishing page 14!
Estimated completion date: August 2022

Fractal White Tiger had 979 stitches added.
Estimated completion date: November 2024

Storykeep Effects of Caffeine had 1,201 stitches added.
The March 17th update will include a page finish!
Estimated completion date: June 2022


To be honest, I was not sure if I would manage to keep up with the 100 Days of Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) Challenge to add at least 5 stitches to a HAED project for 100 consecutive days. 
February 25th was Day 50.
5,274 stitches were added the first half of the challenge.
My daily stitches added have ranged from 5 to 528 a day, with an average of 105 stitches a day. 

My goals for March:
1. Add 5 stitches a day to Twilight Duel or SK Effects of Caffeine.
2. Begin working on my Crazy Quilt Journal Project Blocks.
3. Catch up on a few Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) stitches.
4. Work on a few Christmas gifts.
5. Spend International Hermit & Stitch Weekend (IHSW) working on Fractal White Tiger.
6. Work on my UFOs for the UFO Challenge. My list is here.
The projects for each month so far:
January - #3  No progress
February - #6  No progress
March - #8  Just announced

(So far this year, I have embellished a couple of seams on project #12, which has not been selected yet.)


Wishing you all a wonderful month!
Renee



6 comments:

Katie said...

Fantastic work on all your stitching progress. Good luck with your March goals. Lovely flowers too.

crazyQstitcher said...

Beautiful flowers.
You've accomplished quite a lot of project stitches. It is always a pleasure to revisit the Simple heart block

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great job doing a little stitching every day. Your heart is gorgeous.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I know you don't have much time to devote to stitching, so it amazes me just how much you DO get done. Beautiful flowers, btw (happy whatever occasion it was....or perhaps it was a 'just because he loves you' gift)

Christine B said...

Beautiful flowers Renee and good luck with your goals for this month. It certainly isn't easy making time to stitch when you are working! Hope you are having a lovely weekend! Christine x

Susan said...

Love your heart, but my favorite part is the spider! I'm working on one right now, but he won't be nearly as nice as yours. His web is good, though. =) I'm amazed at how many stitches you've put in for the challenge on the HAED dragons! Awesome advancement! Kudos to your husband for bringing you flowers. =)