Tuesday, March 19, 2019

TAST 2019 - Stitches 3, 4, 7 & 11



I hoped to share this last Tuesday, but was unable to download photos from my email and blogger would not let me upload photos. Thankfully, things are working properly now! 

Click any image for a larger view.

My Take A Stitch Tuesday (TAST) Stitches are being added to a few of the UFOs (unfinished objects) on my list for the 2019 UFO Challenge. The seam above was created using three TAST Stitches.


Stitch 3: Buttonhole Stitch was added with green perle cotton floss to create flower stems.
Stitch 7: Detached Chain Stitch - Pairs of detached chain stitches were added using the same thread to create leaves.
Stitch 11: French Knots were added at the top of each stem with 2 strands of red embroidery floss to create tiny flowers.

Now 2 seams are complete on project #12 of my UFO list. (The first seam may be seen in my previous TAST post, here.)

Stitch 4: Stem Stitch Project #6 was selected to complete in February for the 2019 UFO Challenge. My project #6 required me to finish quilting a Halloween Mug Rug with a stem stitch before adding binding. The stitching is now complete!


Below are links to a few of my favorite works incorporating these 4 TAST stitches.

Buttonhole Stitch and Detached Chain Stitches - I love the combination of these stitches to create a seam of flower stems, leaves and flower petals on the 2nd seam of my January 2017 Crazy Quilt Journal Project (CQJP) block shared in this blog post.

French Knots - I love the way they worked in a monogram and as a blanket of snow in works you may find in this blog post.

Stem Stitch and Detached Chain Stitches - The combination of these two stitches on the seam shared in this blog post is one of my very favorites. I also love the stem-stitched words added to the quilt shared in this post that I made for someone dear that battled breast cancer.

Thank you so much for visiting!
Renee


My 2019 TAST Progress:
Completed Stitches: 1-4, 7 & 11
Need to Stitch: 5-6, 8-10 & 12



5 comments:

Katie said...

Great work. Both projects look fantastic.

Susan said...

I always like your trees, and that one is no exception! The seam is lovely, as yours always are. So neat and even looking!

Createology said...

Your sweet stitches are always so beautiful. I love that you break them down into simple bits that combine to make complex seam treatments. My needles have been busy but not with any CQ. I stitched a Birth Notice for my Great Granddaughter. Slow Stitching Bliss...

Christine B said...

Beautiful stitches as always Renee! Christine xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nice! I really should have played along with TAST this year but I know myself well enough to know I'd fall off the wagon in short order.