Sunday, December 16, 2018

Upcoming Crazy Quilting and Embroidery Events

If you want to learn how to crazy quilt:
I believe registration for Kathy Shaw's next Basic Crazy Quilt Course 101 (BCQC 101) will be open January 5th - 7th. This is a free course, but you do need to purchase your own supplies. More details may be found at Shawkl.com. 

HERE, you may find more details and links to Kathy's course descriptions and the calendar of course registration dates.

You will need to visit Kathy's website - HERE - on January 4th or 5th for directions on how to register.

HERE, you may find close up photos of the block above that I created in 2015 through BCQC 101.


If you are interested in creating a crazy quilt:
Registration is open for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2019 (CQJP2019) through December 30th, 2018. This is a personal challenge to create one crazy quilt block a month, measuring at least 8-inches square. By the end of the year, you would have 12 blocks to assemble into a crazy quilt. HERE is a link to the CQJP 2019 Challenge Rules. You will want to read the rules, the Use of Photos page, the Questions & Answers page, and then follow the directions on the How to Register page by December 30, 2018 in order to participate. Registration closes on December 31st.

This year, one option for CQJP is to work on blocks that we did not complete in previous years. If I sign up, my goal will be to finish the remaining 8 blocks from this year's challenge.


If you are interested in learning new embroidery stitches, or challenging yourself with some stitches you already know:
Sharon B. of Pintangle.com will be hosting a new round of Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) and Beyond TAST in January of 2019. TAST is a personal challenge to learn a new embroidery stitch each week. You may learn more about it HERE.

You may find some of my work from TAST 2018 on Pinterest HERE.


Please note, I am not affiliated with any of these events. In the past, I have enjoyed participating with them and thought I would share this information in case you might be interested.

Wishing you a wonderful week!
Renee

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I took her Basic Crazy Quilt Class 101 early this year. I learned so much with this piece being a beginner.

Queeniepatch said...

I feel tempted to start a new project for 2019, but I think I will go my own way, and not join a challenge. The problem is usually time, and if I can't meat the deadlines I get stressed out.
Wishing you a good week.

Katie said...

I will enjoy cheering you along if you do join in.

Sewing Beside the Sea said...

This looks like a lot of fun. If I had time I'd definitely join in. There's so many other things at the top of the to-do list first.

Renee said...

Catherine, I just saw your block on your blog. Beautiful work! Kathy's classes are great, aren't they?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great info about a couple of great resources Renee. Glad to hear the CQJP is carrying on for another year.