Sunday, March 10, 2024

TAST 2024 Week 10: Crossed Buttonhole Stitch

TAST 2024 Crossed Buttonhole Stitched Trees

 
For Week 10 of Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) 2024 at Pintangle(dot)com, the Crossed Buttonhole Stitch was introduced. 

Crossed Buttonhole Stitched Tree

My favorite way to use this stitch is creating trees. In 2015, Anneliesedi worked the stitch into several tree samples and shared them with the TAST Facebook group. I loved them so much that I had try it out.

Crossed Buttonhole Stitched Trees

I cut even lengths of a green and a white size 8 pearl cotton and threaded both onto my needle to work these stitches in a way that created snowy trees. I used a darker shade of green for the tree on the left. The stitches were worked from the bottom of the trees to the top.

The Beyond TAST stitch for Week 10 was the Detached Buttonhole Stitch. I hope to work it into my next Crazy Quilt Journal Project block.

Thanks for stopping by!
Renee



No comments: