Friday, December 7, 2018

QS Red Hearts Finish!


The last stitch went into "QS Red Hearts" on December 3rd!
I fell in love with this piece of art by Ching-Chou Kuik
It was beautifully charted by Heaven and Earth Designs.

I began on June 24, 2015 and finished December 3, 2018.
168 days of cross-stitching went into this piece.
It took roughly 499 hours. (498 hours and 56 minutes - according to the spreadsheet I created to track my progress.)


More than 3,000 stitches were added in November. 
741 of those stitches were added during IHSW.

Rotating 3 large cross-stitch projects felt a little overwhelming in 2017, so finishing this piece was my biggest crafty goal for 2018.
I am thrilled to see her complete!

I want to thank all of my blogging friends that cheered me on as I worked on this beauty.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
Renee

IHSW stands for International Hermit & Stitch Weekend. This event, which originated at Random Ramblings, occurs the 3rd full weekend of the month. There is an IHSW Facebook Group that you may find here if you would like to participate. 


12 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

What an achievement! CONGRATULATIONS and thank you for letting us join in to see the progress.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your big huge finish, she is beautiful. So what's next? Happy stitching!!

Catherine said...

Congratulations! Well worth all the work. She's beautiful!

ALICE MARGAUX said...

The end result is awesome, such a beautiful piece of stitching. You can be proud of yourself. Well done.

Sandra said...

Grats. That must have felt sooooo good. :)

Katie said...

Wohoo!!! She is just gorgeous. Congrats!!!

Renee said...

Stitching Angel, thank you! Next, I plan to spend more time on my Heaven and Earth Designs Twilight Duel (art by Ruth Thompson) cross-stitch project. And I will be dedicating my International Hermit & Stitch (IHSW) weekends to my Charting Creations Fractal White Tiger (art by Ricky Barnard.)

Renee said...

Catherine p, thank you so much!

Renee said...

Alice, thank you so much! It feels like quite the accomplishment. :)

Susan said...

It's good to finish, and it's good to have a plan for the future. =) This is a beautiful design and I'm so glad I could watch you all the way through to the finish.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Woo hoo!!!!! If I danced, I would do a happy one for you (but I'm sure you're doing enough dancing on your own). She's beautiful!

Babs said...

Congrats on your finish :)