Thursday, May 19, 2016

Beautiful Gifts from Kim


A while ago I mentioned my friend, Kim, at Wisdom with Needle and Thread was celebrating her 60th birthday this year. Giving to others makes Kim happy, so she decided to celebrate by mailing out 60 RAKs (random acts of kindness.) 

When I commented on Kim's post to wish her a happy birthday, I pointed out that she had just spoiled me with a generous giveaway, so if I was one of the first 60 to reply, she could skip my name and spoil someone else. (You may see the giveaway goodies here.) Of course, Kim replied that she added me to her list.

Last week, I received the box in the photo above filled with beautiful fabrics, threads, shell beads and these hand crafted treasures.


Kim created this darling needlebook for me. My love of seahorses and under the sea themed projects did not escape her notice. It is a bit difficult to see in this photo, but the seahorse she cross stitched is darling! There is even a small bead for the eye.


The fabric used to create the book also has darling seahorses. The fabric ribbon ruler is the top of a pocket. And the pins all have shells on them. Too sweet!


And just look at this scissors fob! The seahorse charm is so much prettier in person. The beads and shells all work together beautifully.

Kim, thank you so much! I smile every time I clip my threads, thinking of you. You are just too sweet! I hope you have an amazing 60th birthday. (((Hugs)))

If you are not familiar with Kim's blog, Wisdom with Needle and Thread, I encourage you to check it out. Her work is fabulous! If you would like to read about the other RAKs she has sent out, you may check them out on this page on her blog. 

Happy Wednesday!
Renee

10 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

What a fantastic RAK. Definitely an amazing person.

Christine B said...

What a wonderful gift and so much thought has been given to it too! Beautiful! Christine x

Queeniepatch said...

This is a beautiful and much thoughtful gift to someone who really deserves it!
Enjoy using your new items.

KimM said...

Your post was very kind. I'm so happy you are pleased with your gifts. Take care, my friend.
xxx

Mii Stitch said...

This is really sweet of Kim :)
Enjoy your lovely goodies!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks like we're both lucky to be on the receiving end of Kim's birthday celebration! I know you love your goodies just as much as I love mine.

Anonymous said...

How lovely! She's a sweet friend, and a beautiful stitcher.

Justine said...

Lovely gifts from Kim. She has really chosen well for you!

Brigitte said...

Absolutely gorgeous what Kim sent to you. I have seen several of her RAKs on stitchers' blogs and all her gifts wer so thoughtfully chosen.

Sheryl said...

lovely thoughtful gifts.