Monday, May 1, 2017

May 2017


Looking back at April, I am very glad my biggest priority was to finish up the tote bag to donate. I told myself that anything else I finished would be "icing on the cake", so to speak. 

A few of you asked how the tote bag did. It raised $150 toward the engineering scholarship fund. I am already thinking about what I will donate to the fall fundraising event. A request has been made for something red...

April is always a busy month, with several family birthdays, a spring conference my husband attends, and Easter; so I did not have a lot of crafting time. I stole a few hours here and there to work on the cross-stitch project I am stitching for my eldest son. (You may see the progress here, if you missed yesterday's post.) 

I fed the keyboard of my laptop a very full cup of coffee, too. Thankfully, it survived after drying out for several days. So, April was a lucky month!

NOTE: You may click on any photo for a larger view. I do not expect anyone to really read through all of this - my goals are listed here as a tool for me to refer to more than anything else.

Review of April Goals:

To save time, the list of April Goals may be seen here. Though I made progress on a few things, only my 2nd goal was completed.

2. Embellish February CQJP 2017 block and make a tote bag with it to donate to an auction. Done! - A photo is above and the blog post is here.


May Goals:

1. Complete the 4 projects for my Etsy Shop and add them to the - currently empty - inventory. 3 of these are ready to sew.

2. Finish gifts for my friend's daughter.

3. Embellish March CQJP 2017 block. (An outline of a seahorse has been added since this photo was taken.)

4. Piece and embellish April CQJP 2017 block. (I have a smaller project in mind. To meet the minimum 8x8-inch requirement, I may piece 4 blocks that are 4x4-inches each.)

5. Spend 10 minutes a day adding snowflakes to my Winter/Christmas Wall Quilt. (I did well with this for the first week of April and hope to do better in May. This photo shows how it looks now. I realized it takes just over 10 minutes per snowflake.) This was #8 on my UFO Challenge 2017 and should have been finished in February. I'm still plugging away! (You may see more photos of the blocks here.)

6. Complete # 11 from my allpeoplequilt.com UFO Challenge 2017 list. This should have been completed in April. I have ordered something fun to finish this with. You may see more details about these blocks here.

7. In May, #2 was drawn for the UFO Challenge 2017. I need to embellish the letter "E" and create a finished project with the blocks from my CQI Heart Round Robin. (You may see better photos and more detail about these blocks here.) I am very excited to put this one together and ordered something fun for it that should arrive soon.

8. Complete blocks 1, 3 & 4 from the Sun, Sand, and Sea Block of the Month 2017 organized by Amy at Sew Incredibly Crazy. This photo shows my progress on block 3, which was designed by Carla at Creatin' in the Sticks.

9. Finish my Mother's Day projects.

May is another very busy month. I will be working a fair amount outside of the home. So, I have a feeling many of my goals listed above may be on my June list, too. We'll see how much I manage to accomplish.

I also hope to visit some blogs this month. I think I am going through withdrawals. I miss visiting my blogging friends!

Top 5 Viewed Posts in April:

1. April 2017 - here
2. TAST 78 - here 
3. CQJP 2017 February Block Tote - here
4. TAST 76 - here (This was the top most viewed post in March.)
5. CQJP 2017 February Block Motif 2 - here

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee

It is Monday, so I am linking to Stitchery Link Party #108 at Super Mom - No Cape this week. If you have a blog that features hand embroidery, I encourage you to join the party! There is a rooster pattern available to download this week.






7 comments:

Justine said...

Congratulations on raising so much money with your gorgeous bag! May is a very busy month for me too. I'll see you in June on the other side!

Catherine said...

Well done on raising such a great sum for the scholarship! It's wonderful you've been asked to contribute again too. I find April a difficult month to get a lot done too!

Createology said...

You have been a busy girl in April and May looks to be even busier. I always find January, February and March to be pretty low-key and then each month ramps up to beyond hectic. Congratulations of the funds raised by your beauiful tote bag. Enjoy every day no mattter how busy. Happy Month of May Dear...<3

Anonymous said...

Life happens, and you are prioritizing just right. =) Nice list for May - a guideline to what might happen, lots of diversity. Best of luck with it!

SuperMomNoCape said...

The tote turned out beautiful! I'm not surprised that it raised so much money.

Your applique quilt block is such fun! I've been so tempted to join in again this year, even though I'm not one of this year's designers. But I still have to turn the blocks I made from last year's BOM into quilts.

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

Renee said...

Thank you, Catherine! I am still playing with a few ideas for the next auction.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love your posts about your goals and your progress. It's always fun to see how much you get accomplished and what you plan to do in the next month. My goal for May is to finish my courtship projects - will I?....not likely!