Tuesday, March 28, 2017

TAST 78

This week's Take A Stitch Tuesday (TAST) stitch was added to the Under the Sea wall quilt I am working on for the UFO Challenge 2017. 

TAST 78: Up and Down Feathered Buttonhole Stitch


You may find the instructions here on Pintangle. I encourage you to visit just to see the beautiful examples Sharon shared. 

I worked the stitch with size 5 DMC #4250 perle cotton floss.

I dressed the seam up with Mill Hill Magnifica Glass Beads #10026.

Next, I added detached chain stitches with size 8 DMC #605 perle cotton floss.

It was a fun stitch and I look forward to using it again in the future!

You may learn more about TAST here.

In celebration of 10 years of TAST, Sharon B. is sharing a series of interviews. The most recent interview was with Queeniepatch of Queenie's Needlework. You may read the interview here and check out Queenie's blog here. She was working on her Kafferepet quilt when I first discovered her blog. I encourage you to check it out here.

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee





5 comments:

Christine B said...

Beautiful stitching Renee and I love the pretty additions! I must remember to make some of my lines of the stitches more interesting with beads.... I always seem to just work the stitch! Hope you are enjoying some sunshine! Christine x

Queeniepatch said...

This stitch is one of the best for underwater plants!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful take on that basic seam. I love the colors you used in it, and the way it fits into the other part I can see. Great job!

Katie said...

Beautiful! Looks perfect added there.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm always impressed that you know what thread (and beads) you've used - mine are all a jumbled up mess and the labels are long gone. I like your interpretation of this week's stitch.