Saturday, April 1, 2017

April 2017


Well... I accomplished a lot in March. However, not a lot of that was crafty. It was a month of celebrations, jazz concerts and plays. I even managed to get hours of cleaning, organizing and decluttering in, as I had hoped - if only that had been in my home as planned! My relative was very appreciative of the help, so it is all good. :)

My April calendar is already pretty full. However, I am hoping to carve out a bit more crafty time.


Review of March Goals:

1. Complete item #12 on my list for the allpeoplequilt.com UFO Challenge 2017.  DONE! 
Thankfully, I tried to finish this project early!  This photo is from the beginning of the month. You may see the post sharing the embellished block here and the completed project here.

2. Embellish CQJP 2017 February block. I made some progress. It was bare at the beginning of the month.

3. Embellish CQJP 2017 March block (pictured below with my April goals.)

4. Add 4 items to my Etsy Shop.

5. Finish Gifts for my friend's daughter.  

Making any progress this month was a huge accomplishment! I am not done, but getting close.

6. If time allows, make progress on my March CQJP 2016 block. No progress this month.

April Goals:

1. Add 4 items to my currently empty Etsy shop. (It should finally happen this month!)

2. Embellish CQJP 2017 February block and make a tote bag with it for an auction donation.

3. Embellish CQJP 2017 March block.

4. Piece and embellish CQJP 2017 April block.

5. Complete item #11 on my allpeoplequilt.com UFO Challenge 2017 list. You may see all of the blocks here.

6. Finish gifts for my friend's daughter.






8. Spend a minimum of 10 minutes a day adding snowflakes to my Winter/Christmas Wall Quilt. (I loved this idea shared by Queeniepatch of Queenie's Needlework in her interview on Pintangle.com.)




Top 5 Viewed Posts in March:

1. TAST 76 - here (Now the 7th most viewed post of all time.)
2. CQJP 2017 February Block Motif 1 - here (Now the 10th most viewed post of all time.)
3. CQI UTS RR #2 My Block Completed! - here
4. March 2017 - here
5. QS Red Hearts Update - March 2017 - here

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee

6 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

You have even more goals to meet in April than you did in March. You will have to devote a lot of 10-minute sessions to keep up. Remember that it is OK to lower the bar, and should you walk away from any of the challenges, you have the right to do so without being chased by the Needlework Police. Whatever you do, Renee, enjoy it!

Anthea said...

As long as you're enjoying what you're doing Renee, that's all that matters!

Christine B said...

What you did achieve in March was wonderful Renee! Good luck with your APril goals! Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend! Christine x

Katie said...

Congrats on what you achieved and I wish you tons of luck in the upcoming month.

Brigitte said...

You definitely accomplished a lot last month.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You got a lot accomplished despite having a busy month. Looking forward to seeing what April brings.