Well... in my mind, I thought it took me roughly 12 hours to finish the first octopus I embroidered using the octopus design from Aunt Martha's Stitcher's Revolution Sailor's Delight Iron-on Transfers. However, my blog post guesstimated about 10 hours. I decided to time this one...
Please note: this is a photo heavy post.
I used DMC 3354, 3689, white and black flosses and Mill Hill Petite Glass Beads #42018 to embroider this piece. Stitches used included: split stitch, satin stitch, and the long and short stitch.
Wow. 12 hours and 55 minutes to finish this octopus!
(I am not very fast - especially with the long and short stitch.)
This is the second motif on my Crazy Quilt Journal 2017 (CQJP 2017) February block. I did not time how long it took to create the seahorse, but I think it was roughly 5 hours. So there are roughly 18 hours of embroidery in this piece so far.
The Crazy Quilt Journal Project is a personal challenge to create a crazy quilt block each month that measures at least 8-inches square. (Obviously, I am running behind schedule.) You may learn more about the CQJP 2017 here and see blocks participants have completed here.
Other posts related to this block include:
February Block Motif 1 - here
CQJP 2017 January Block - here
Every step of my CQJP 2017 project is recorded on this Pinterest board.
Sneak peeks of my work are sometimes shared on Instagram - here and on my Hand Stitched Treasure Facebook Page - here.
Thank you for stopping by!