|2013-2014 Winter/Snowman Themed "Snowball" Collection|
Generally, I do not like to brag. Sometimes, you just have to make an exception. Just look at how talented the ladies are that were so sweet to swap these little treasures with me!
This post is focused on all of the beautiful snowballs I have received, so I did not include photos of the ones I created to swap for them. (However, I did add links to those posts, just in case you were curious.) Click on any picture for a larger view.
|CQI "Snowball" from Nicki Lee received in June of 2013|
1. This collection began to grow in June of 2013 with the fun winter flurry pictured above from Nicki Lee in MA. The snowman was an earring! And that winter flower still takes my breath away. (I sent this under-the-sea themed snowball in return. I can still remember how nervous I was about this first swap. I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone.)
|CQI "Snowball" received from Donna A. in June of 2013|
|CQI "Snowball" received from Rita in KS in October of 2013|
3. In October, I received this wonderful beaded snowman snowball from Rita in KS. I fell in love with the snowman, the lace, and the amazing snowflakes. (In exchange, I created my first hexagon-shaped crazy quilt block. Rita was SO patient with all of my questions about the size. I was clueless!)
|CQI "Snowball" received from Rita in KS in July of 2014|
4. In July of 2014, Rita kindly swapped with me again. I just loved the snowman, the "Let It Snow" beads, and her use of lace and a doily. (In return, I sent another cream/pink/green hexagon-shaped snowball to Rita.)
|CQI "Snowball" received from Kristie W. in IN during September of 2014.|
5. This breezy, winter-flurry snowball made by Kristie W. in Indiana arrived in September of 2014. The photo did not capture just how adorable the little snowman is. The swirl of snowflakes blowing around the snowman just stole my heart. (In exchange, I sent Kristie a pink and brown themed snowball.)
|CQI "Snowball" received from Kathy S. in MD in October of 2014|
6. In October, I received this wonderful snowball from Kathy S. in MD. (We have several Kathy's in CQI. Kathy S. in MD is also known on-line as Clothqueen.) I just love the feather stitches with the silver beads, the darling silver snowflakes, and the fabrics Kathy chose are absolutely wonderful! (In return, I made this African-themed snowball for Kathy. I learned cross-stitching with 2 strands of floss over one thread of 32-count linen is a BAD idea. And, the tree was oh-so-much fun! I am so glad Kathy's theme pushed me out of my comfort zone!)
|CQI "Snowball" received from Donna A. in MT in October of 2014|
|CQI "Snowball" received from Lori F. in Ontario in October of 2014|
|CQI "Snowball" received from Nicki Lee in MT in November of 2014|
9. In November of 2014, this wonderful winter block from Nicki Lee in MA arrived. The stitching, the star and the fun trim are all delightful. I just love the way Nicki Lee used lace and beads to create a snowy landscape for the darling deer and tree! (In return, I created another under-the-sea themed snowball for Nicki Lee. I used crayons on fabric, which was loads of fun, but I still think I was more nervous about making this mermaid than I was when I created my first snowball!)
|CQI "Snowball" received from Lynne F. in MA in November of 2014|
These snowballs will be assembled into a wall quilt that will pass through the generations in my family. Each and every one is a true treasure. However, I gained far more than 10 snowballs through these swaps. I have made wonderful friendships with very talented ladies, and their themes have pushed me outside of my comfort zone, which allowed me to see what can be accomplished with a bit of faith and perseverance.
Nicki Lee, Donna, Rita, Kristie, Kathy, Lori, and Lynne, I cannot thank you enough for these wonderful treasures! I love them all!