Thursday, December 11, 2014

We Support You Blog Hop Still Has Openings!

I have been busy as ever working on my project for the We Support You blog hop hosted by Madam Samm at Sew We Quilt. Guess what?!  There are still a few openings for this blog hop.

If you would like to see the pattern those participating receive for free from Madam Samm, check out THIS POST.  It explains all about the blog hop.  To wrap it up sweet and simple, there is a bra pattern and the words "We support you" or "I support you" - and you may use this pattern to make whatever you like, large or small. Your project needs to be completed in time to share it during the blog hop, which will take place between January 29th and February 11th of 2015.  (January 29th is 48 days away.) Pictures of the bra design may be seen in the link above.

If you are interested in joining the fun directions to sign up may be found by following the link listed above for Sew We Quilt or you may find the directions to sign up on THIS POST by Pat at Life in the Scrapatch. She is our wonderful cheerleader for this blog hop.

A couple of days into the project, my hubby said, "Wow. When you start a project, you don't mess around."  I asked if I had made too much of a mess.  He replied, "No, I meant this is going to take you forever. You don't make it easy for yourself, you go all out."  He may be right.  I broke my project down into steps and I have 42 steps to complete within the next 48 days.  At least 4 of these steps require 2 days to complete, so there is not a lot of wiggle room. (Gulp.)  But, I have a plan of attack and I am sticking to it.  With luck, I will finish early.  This is a gift I really look forward to giving.

This is going to be a gift for a wonderful, wonderful person.  She is worth every minute put into it, plus more.  Now, to see if I can make the actual project turn out as well as the colored sketch I created.  Last night, my hubby told me he thought this was the coolest project I have ever worked on and he is having a hard time not telling people about it. (We are keeping it a secret within our household, so it will be a surprise for the recipient.)  Considering I am using colors he does not even like, that was quite the compliment. 

If you decide to join the fun, please let me know! We can cheer one another along as the event approaches!

Thanks for stopping by!
Renee

No comments: