Friday, June 1, 2012

Crazy Quilt Days 3 & 4

I am afraid crazy quilting may be addictive!  Exhausted as I was, last night I made time to add a spider's web to the October block.

Day 3 - I tried to copy a spider from a book.  The boys say it looks like a scorpion.  Oh, well.  Future spiders should look better (I hope!)  It is hard to tell in this picture, but the web is made with a silver metallic thread and the spider is a shimmery white DMC 35200 floss.

Today was Day 4 working on this block.  I added an uneven buttonhole stitch (which appears to also be called a blanket stitch) to the section with the candy corn, and I added, "Trick or Treat".  Then, I filled in another block with sheaf filling, a fun little stitch that added dimension.  My final work of the day was the addition of a pumpkin, using a double or padded satin stitch (so, it is puffy!)


The block now looks like this:


I have a few ideas for tomorrow.  We'll see how they turn out!

No comments: