The second seam was a lot more fun, and I can see this one becoming a favorite! I used green DMC 989 to make the buttonhole up and down stitch (a new one for me.) I used the same floss to make a small lazy daisy stitch between the buttonholes. After that, I used pink DMC 899 to make pairs of lazy daisy stitches at the top of the buttonhole stitches and to make a colonial knot (which I read is supposed to be a bit larger than a French knot) above the lazy daisies. The end result looks like a chain of flowers. (Oops! Looks like the camera strap made a guest appearance in the photo below.)
Buttonhole Up and Down, Lazy Daisy & Colonial Knot
This is how the block looks with 7 seam treatments:
I have been asked why I am making so much work for myself. I think part of it is the challenge of learning something new. However, the real fun to me is watching how a few strips of fabric, a few colors of floss, and a couple of beads can transform into something so much more. I look forward to seeing how this block transforms tomorrow!