I made a few discoveries today. First of all, I love the look of the DMC rayon embroidery flosses. Second, I find them difficult to work with when using more than one strand because they are so slick. (So, I am very s-l-o-w with them.)
This evening, I managed to make time to complete three more seams on the February block. First, I added three fans using a combination of straight and chain stitches. I used DMC floss 30899 (or S899) for the fan, and DMC 30818 (or S818) to make small stitches in between. A small pink 10/0 glass seed bead added the final touch.
Next, I used DMC 3688 to make a stem stitch along the seam of the small pink triangle to the right. After that, I began on the third seam. I made a cheveron stitch with DMC 33607. Then I made pairs of lazy daisy stitches with DMC 30702 (or DMC S702). After that, I learned how to make stem stitch rosettes using a variegated pink DMC 4180. They are kind of hard to see in this picture. Let's just say, I think I improved by the fourth rosette, and I still need some practice to make them all the same size. However, they were fun to make.
Tomorrow will be crazy busy (no pun intended), but I hope to find some time to complete another seam!