Monday, January 8, 2024

TAST 2024 Week 1: Running Stitch

 

Pintangle TAST 2024 Running Stitch


Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) 2024 began with the Running Stitch. The Beyond TAST stitch was a new one for me, the Ainu Running Stitch

You may find directions for both stitches in the Stitch Dictionary at Sharon Boggon's blog Pintangle.com or by clicking on the names of the stitches above.

Running Stitch

Running Stitch

I opted to use a button and the running stitch to create a moon motif on the first seam of my Crazy Quilt Journal Project (CQJP) 2024 January block. 

The button catches the light beautifully. It was attached with DMC silver metallic thread that blended in with the button. 

The running stitch was completed with glow-in-the-dark Kreinik Metallics Fine Braid size #8 (052F). My stitches are not even, but I think that adds a bit of whimsy to the moon.


I used circles from stencils designed for bullet journaling to help guide the circles around the moon. My bullet journal ruler was used to make marks to help make my next stitches a bit more even.

Ainu Running Stitch


I clearly need more practice with this stitch, but it worked well to create a seam between the snowy ground and the dark night sky on my CQJP January block. 

The base running stitch was made with Finca size 12 thread. The next step was completed with size 8 Anchor white perle cotton.



If you have not already, I do hope you will join TAST 2024!

To see other ways I have used this stitch, click on Running Stitch in the labels listed on the lower right side of the blog.

You may learn more about CQJP 2024 here.


Thank you for stopping by! 
Renee

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

It's nice to see your work again. The Ainu Stitch is unusual, isn't it?

Renee said...

Thank you. It is! I look forward to working it with different colored threads next time.