Thursday, January 11, 2024

TAST 2024 Week 2: Back Stitch

 

Pintangle TAST 2024 Back Stitch


Week 2 of Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) 2024 introduced the Back Stitch and the Back Stitch Trellis

I worked both stitches into a tree stump on my January Crazy Quilt Journal Project (CQJP) 2024 block.


First, I sketched a tree stump and traced it onto a small piece of waste canvas.


The Back Stitch Trellis was worked first, to fill in the tree stump. (This proved to be more challenging with the shape of the stump than I anticipated.) Then the Back Stitch was used to outline the stump. All of this was created with a variegated brown size 5 perle cotton.


I removed the waste canvas.


Then, using two strands of a light brown DMC embroidery floss, I colored in the top of the tree stump with more Back Stitches.

Later, I will fill in more of the tree stump, most likely by adding beads.

Thank you for stopping by!
Renee

You may learn more about TAST here.
You may learn more about CQJP 2024 here.

4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I've never seen Back Stitch used for trellises. Great idea!

Renee said...

Thank you! I don't think I've seen it before either. It was a fun TAST stitch to try.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Renee said...

Thank you!