Monday, June 3, 2019

June 2019


Wow! Life has been busy. It is June already! And, I've only managed to share SAL (stitch along) posts in April and May...

This month, I am hoping to carve out more crafting time.  The photo above shows progress on my 3 cross-stitch projects as of May 31st.

The year is almost half over, so I looked back at my goals for 2019

My youngest son and I have started to get back into running. We are currently alternating walking and running to work up to a 5K. (Ultimately, our goal is to run a half marathon together in 2020.)

My June Goals:

1. Add at least 600 stitches to each of the cross-stitch projects listed below. Each is listed with the number of stitches completed as of May 31st.


2. Run at least 3 times a week, improving distance & duration.
  • Ran 5 days in May (Of the 3 tracked, ran 6 miles total.)
  • Longest distance in May: 2.11 miles
  • Longest duration in May: 36.36 minutes
  • Best pace: 15.46 minutes per mile

3. Make Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) progress.

4. Make progress on a UFO project and/or a 1 X-mas Item a Month project.

On another note... I was told at the Post Office that October is a postcard month; so, I looked it up. The first full week of October is International Postcard Week. I also learned in the USA, the first week of May is National Postcard Week. Assuming time allows, I hope to make at least 7 fabric postcards to mail in October. 

I think I need more hours in each day! On that note, I am off to get some sleep. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Renee






5 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to see a post from you. I see you on Facebook but wonder how you are doing with your crafts. Glad to hear you are good busy at least. Good luck with your goals. I would love to find extra time too. Sure going fast lately.

Susan said...

It's all those hours wasted working. LOL Those are great goals, and how healthy to walk and run. I used to walk an 18-minute mile, but I have no idea what it would be today. That was 10 years ago and I was walking 3-5 miles almost every single day. Then I moved into the hills. LOL Not happening here.

It's exciting to see Twilight Duel so far along!

Christine B said...

Sounds like you are making great progress Renee! I think life is just so fast-paced these days it is hard to keep up! Or maybe it's just me getting slower as I get older!! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

Christine B said...

Sounds like you are making great progress Renee! I think life is just so fast-paced these days it is hard to keep up! Or maybe it's just me getting slower as I get older!! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

If only we didn't have to eat, sleep and deal with outside influences .... just think of what we'd accomplish!! I can't imagine the dedication to even contemplate running a half marathon.