Tuesday, January 1, 2019

January 2019

Happy New Year!


I hope 2019 brings you good health and happiness!

Do you have any New Years Resolutions?

This year, I am simply focusing on a few goals:
1. Eat more vegetables.
2. Drink more water.
3. Get back into a running routine.
4. Make progress on my cross-stitch projects.
5. Finish up some unfinished projects.

Each activity/challenge I have chosen to participate with this year will help me finish projects.


Challenges/Blogs/Events

Stitches will be added to crazy quilt blocks I need to complete.

I will be completing blocks from previous CQJP years.

My aim is to make progress and/or complete 
Christmas themed UFOs.

I began my Charting Creations Fractal White Tiger Cross-Stitch (art by Ricky Barnard) for the Stitchy Start blog in 2016. 
My goal is to add at least 900 stitches to it each month.
The 3rd full weekend of each month, I will be working on my Charting Creations Fractal White Tiger cross-stitch project.

Make progress and/or finish a UFO each month.



Stitch Around the World:
organized by Porsche. 
The goal is to add 53,855 stitches to a single 
Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) Cross-Stitch project. 
I will be working on Twilight Duel (artwork by Ruth Thompson.)
1 km = 1 symbol on the chart
To complete this challenge, my monthly goal is 4,488 stitches.
IF I succeed, the chart will be 75% complete at the end of 2019.



100 Days of HAED:
organized by Porsche.
This challenge runs January 7 to April 16, 2019
Round 2 runs from August 1 - November 9, 2019 
Goal: Add 5+ stitches a day to any HAED Cross-Stitch project.
I will be focusing on Twilight Duel & SK Effects of Caffeine.

I am joining Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for this SAL. 
Beginning January 13th, every 3 weeks 
I will post an update on my HAED Storykeep Effects of Caffeine (artwork by Randal Spangler.)



It looks like a HUGE list, but focuses on these 3 cross-stitch projects, several UFOs, and a few other CQJP blocks not pictured.
There should be visible progress by December 31st!

Thank you so much for visiting!
Renee

8 comments:

Katie said...

I wish you tons of luck on your 2019 goals! You can do it! I will enjoy cheering along your progress.

Christine B said...

Happy New Year Renee! Good luck with all your stitchery goals! I am looking forward to seeing your progress as I love to see your beautiful stitching! Christine xx

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

Happy new year, and I look forward to you joining us in the SAL and all your other projects throughout the year.

Catherine said...

Happy New Year, Renee! So many goals! Look forward to seeing your progress.

Queeniepatch said...

You are working on goals that I am sure you can achieve. It is a good idea to have a destination for each new challenge, e.g. to add the TAST stitches to crazy quilt blocks in progress.
Good luck!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Phew! I think I'm tired just thinking about all you have planned. Interesting concept to 'stitch around the world'. Hope you meet all your goals, but even if you don't - progress of any sort is good.

Susan said...

I think you are bound to finish at least 1 XS this year. I like the things you joined to help you achieve your goals.

Createology said...

Hi Renee. You have a very impressive review of your accomplishments in 2018 and your hopes in 2019. I have not been creative since moving and still unpacking and dealing with remodeling. Well I did make a few things for my first-ever Great Granddaughter. I finally got to meet her at 4 months old. I melted with her preciousness. January Joy Dear...