Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday 07/29/2015

I am afraid I have no progress to share. In the past 2 weeks or so, I have only had 20 minutes to work on stitching. However, this FUN Halloween block arrived in my mailbox this week. Donna Abrams made it for me and every time I look at it I smile!



July has been a whirlwind of a month and more of an emotional roller coaster than I have ever experienced. That being said, I must admit my heart is full and I am so incredibly thankful to be blessed with such amazing relatives on both my side of the family and my husband's.

The day before my little sister arrived for her visit (it had been 4 years since we last saw one another), we had a death in the family. It was one we knew would arrive within the next few months, but it was still hard to say goodbye. So, I was a bit of a mess with happy tears and sad tears. Making life busier, but more full, we have had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with a Dutch relative that flew out for the services and to spend time with family here in the US. 

Next week, I will have time to sleep and stitch and finally finish up my ICQC 102 class. This month we are spending treasured moments with family we do not see nearly often enough and enjoying every second.

During this insanely busy time, I am incredibly thankful to both Sandy and Donna, as I owe one a UTS block and the other a "snowball" swap, but they have both encouraged me to take my time and focus on family. 

Here are a few close-ups of my wonderful Halloween block from Donna.

I love the black cat!


If you have followed my blog long, you may know how much I love embroidered spiders and embroidered trees. These are fabulous! The moon and eyes on the bat push it over the top!


And I LOVE all things PUMPKIN. (Seriously. It is my favorite food.) This jack-o-lantern is a perfect touch!


After seeing the pictures, I am always surprised to see how small a 4-inch block is. So, I took a picture with a quarter to give a bit more perspective. This is a fantastic tiny treasure and I just love it!

Thanks for stopping by! (Now I'm off to cook dinner for 10. Fun times!)
Renee


Last Week's Goals Week before last's goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) 

2. Link up with the Monday Stitchery Link Party #15 at Super Mom No Cape on July 20th. (If you missed the party on the 13th, you may check it out here!) 

3. Finish a project to add inventory to my Etsy shop

4. Embellish a snowball to swap with Donna A. in July.

5. Piece a pincushion to swap with the Crazy Quilt Divas on Facebook?

6. Share progress with the ICQC 102 course from Shawkl Designs.

7. Share pictures of Sandy B.'s blocks from the CQI Under the Sea Round Robin. I told her if she did not want them, she could "return to sender" when I mail them to her - lol! She has plans for these babies! Just wait until you see them... This is the last set for this round robin, which means with the next rotation, my blocks are coming home!!!  Done! - If you missed it the post is here

8. Share a TAST Week 2 post on July 21st.



This Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) 

2. Link up with the Monday Stitchery Link Party #18 at Super Mom No Cape on August 3rd. (If you missed the party on the 27th, you may check it out here!)

3. Finish a project to add inventory to my Etsy shop

4. Embellish a snowball to swap with Donna A. in July.

5. Share progress with the ICQC 102 course from Shawkl Designs.

6. Complete and share pictures of Sandy's blocks from the CQI Under the Sea Round Robin.


7. Share a TAST Weeks 2 - 4 post on August 4th.

8. Piece 3 blocks for the next CQI Under the Sea Round Robin that will begin on August 15th. (I have 3 I pieced for the first round robin, but changed my mind and made 6 others, so I did not send them out.)

9. Share pictures of my beautiful Under the Sea blocks that made it home!

5 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! So sorry to hear of your loss but glad to hear that you have had wonderful times with family you have not seen for a long time. Don't worry about all those goals... you can come back to them when the time is right!! Love the Hallowe'en block you received... so cute!! Hugs Christine xx

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Knowing doesn't soften the blow when the day comes. I'm happy for your time with relatives, who do help soften the grief sometimes. The Halloween block is adorable. Thanks for the close-ups, so I could really see everything. ;)

KimM said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, Renee. Take time to reflect and heal.
Hugs
xxx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That block is only 4 inches? Amazing!! There is such a lot of little details so it's hard to believe it's so small. Take time to enjoy your family - stitching will wait. Be sure to take care of you too.

Gina said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Even one that is expected is still hard to take. Know that those who we love and love us near completely leave us. I'm glad you are surrounded by your family at this sad time.
The halloween block is amazing and I'm glad it came at the right time to bring some joy to you. Sending hugs across the water xxxxx