Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!


The last Wednesday of 2014 is here already!  The time certainly does fly.

I hope that 2015 brings you all good health and great happiness!

Things here have been crazier than normal. (I suppose it has been the same for most of you!)

My wonderful hubby gave me a laptop for Christmas!  He was horribly disappointed to discover the mouse pad did not work at all, due to a hardware issue; so, it is on its way back to the manufacturer.  Once it is replaced, I look forward to commenting on everyone's blogs again!  (I spent 20 minutes trying to post 3 sentences on a blog from my iPad the other day, and finally gave up.  It freezes mid-sentence and decides I am done.) I have been admiring all of the beautiful work, though!

As you may see in the picture above, I made a bit more progress on my cross-stitch.  This week, I managed over 150 x-stitches.  Last week, I believe it was closer to 60.  So, I managed my average goal of 100 x-stitches a week. Here is how it looked by Christmas Eve, last week:

This week, I made it to the top of Santa's hat. *grins*

Most of my free crafty time has been spent working on my project for the "We Support You!" Blog Hop.  All I can say, is my idea is v-e-r-y time consuming.  I have not ruined it yet, but I have not used the sewing machine yet.  I'm hoping for the best!

There are still a few gifts I am working on that I cannot share.  Here is another sneak peek at one of them:

I have been thinking a lot about my goals for 2015.

  • The posts of my list of goals may occur once a month, rather than once a week - as most of them are incredibly time consuming to complete.  
  • I hope to swap more snowballs through Crazy Quilting International (CQI - they now meet on Facebook and Yahoo!) Though, I plan to take a year off from round robins, so I can focus on finishing other projects.
  • I plan to finish my CQJP 2014 and CQJP 2015 projects.
  • In January, I will be participating in the 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge at Simply Green Smoothies.
  • I look forward to participating in my first sane-quilting blog hop through Sew We Quilt January 29th - February 11th.
  • Following the 1 Xmas Item a Month blog has been great fun.  I would love to participate if it continues through 2015.
  • I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

Happy New Year!
Renee

6 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Good progress on your Santa.
Have a great year, with your new laptop!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Happiest of wishes to you for 2015!

crazyQstitcher said...

It must be hard on your eyes to work fine crosses in the blues. I have enjoyed watching the project grow. A labor of love but well worth the time and effort.

I wish you all the best for completing more of your list, this year.

Renee said...

Thank you, Queenie! I hope 2015 is a wonderful year for you!

Renee said...

Thank you, MA! I hope 2015 is a fantastic year for you, too!

Renee said...

Thank you, Maureen! I look forward to seeing your work in 2015! Most of the progress on my cross-stitch this week was in front of a bright window, while waiting for my son was at a doctor's appointment. So, it was not so hard on the eyes. At home, most of my stitching time is in the evening, and then it can be difficult. My hubby bought me a headlamp a couple of years ago, while I was training for a half-marathon and sometimes running in the dark (at the track.) I stopped running, due to a stress fracture. However, the headlamp has provided fantastic lighting for this cross-stitch! (And, my family has the bonus of giggling at the way I look - lol!)