Monday, June 24, 2013

First CQ Messenger Bag Post 8

Center of front flap panel of my first messenger bag after adding beads.

Over the weekend, I added a few heart-shaped beads and light pink beads around the heart embroidered on the center of the front flap.

I also added the beads to the seam on the right.

I am REALLY slow at adding beads.  Using a single strand of a matching shade of cotton floss, I secure each bead with three stitches through the center and secure the back with three knots.  By knotting the thread in the back after adding each bead, if one catches on something and tears only the one bead should fall off.  The others should remain secured.

Seam treatment before and after adding beads.
While I was at it, I decided to add the beads to this seam to dress it up. 


No comments: