Friday, June 14, 2013

Evening Star Designs 2013 Challenges


There is something I have really, really wanted to create using crazy quilted fabric.  Ideas have been simmering in my mind for nearly a year.

So, when I discovered Evening Star Designs was offering two challenges and I saw one of the challenge packages, I knew I had to give it a try!  I just ordered the 2013 Winter Challenge Package.  (Special thanks to Nicole from the CQforNewbies Yahoo! Group for bringing the challenge to my attention!)

I was very tempted to order the 2013 Miniature Crazy Quilt Challange Package, too.  However, I really do need to work on some of my UFOs and I signed up as a coordinator for a CQI round robin that will begin next month.  So, I opted not to over-commit myself.

While at the Evening Star Designs site, I also discovered some wonderful trims, beads, buttons and ribbons.  (If only my budget matched my wishlist!)  I do not anticipate winning the challenge, but I would have no problems spending the $100 gift certificate offered for first prize.

I will show you pictures of the package when it arrives.  However, photos of my work will be safely tucked away until after the challenge.  (All entries are due on September 15th.)

Will you be joining one of the Evening Star Designs Challenges?  If so, please let me know!

-Renee

2 comments:

Renee said...

Wow! I received an email that my order shipped less than an hour after I placed it! I am SO excited. :)

Anonymous said...

This looks like a lot of fun! I'm going to think about it. Not sure how much time I'd have though, as June - October are potentially 60+ hr weeks at work.