Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Snowball for Andrea!

Landscape "snowball" for Andrea in India.  Flower & trees from Diana Lampe's book.
My second CQI Snowball Swap is with Andrea.  On June 12th, it began its journey all the way to India!

Andrea requested a 4"-square landscape with natural colors.  This was the perfect opportunity to finally make the Magnolia Tree in Diana Lampe's book, Embroidery for all Seasons.  (I had been itching to stitch this tree since I first laid eyes on this book!)  The daffodils, forget-me-nots, and the snail were also made from directions in this book.


I added a little bluebird using 4mm light blue silk ribbon and a tiny straight stitch of orange for the beak.

A tiny pink butterfly decided to visit the daffodils.

A small snail made his way through the flowers.

And a few lily pads (lazy daisy stitches filled with a straight stitch made with two strands of pink for the flowers and green for the leaves) were in the water.

I had so much fun stitching this block!

2 comments:

Debbie S. said...

I love this block your tree is amazing. I knew right away it was a magnolia tree. Great job. I'm sure she loves it!

Renee said...

Thank you! It was fun to make. :)