Wednesday, January 5, 2022

2021 Year in Review

 Happy New Year!

2021 went by so incredibly fast. I hope yours went well! 

I do not believe any of my blogging goals were met, but it was a productive year. I made a tiny bit of progress on Fractal White Tiger.

Fractal White Tiger 12/31/2020

Fractal White Tiger 12/31/2021

A bit more progress on Twilight Duel. 

Twilight Duel 12/31/2020

Twilight Duel 12/31/2021

And I nearly finished the little Santa I have been working on with our 3-week stitch-along (SAL.) Note: this photo shows how it looked on December 26th when my husband insisted I take time to relax for a bit. 


Due to issues with my IT band, I had to give up my running goals. However, I discovered Let's Get Up! and the 21-Day Fix through Beachbody on Demand and my IT band feels sooo much better after completing both of these programs. I am hoping to work running back into my routine in 2022, but am not going to push it.

2022 Bullet Journal

In 2021, I also made the (tiny bit terrifying) decision to go back to school. This month I begin graduate school to earn an elementary education teaching degree. I am so fortunate to work with a great team of people that truly feel like family. However, I really miss helping students learn. So, I am both a bit sad to be leaving them and also excited about what the future holds.

2022 is going to be a year of change. So my goals this year are simple.

1.) Continue working out and making healthier food choices.
2.) Succeed at school.
3.) Spend more time with family and friends.
4.) Make visible progress on Twilight Duel and Fractal White Tiger.
5.) Complete one crazy quilt project.

If your goals for the year include learning hand embroidery or improving or expanding your hand embroidery skills, Sharon Boggon will be offering her Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge again this year. You may learn more about it here. The first stitch has just been shared in this post.

For anyone curious, the 5 most viewed blog post in December were:

Thanks for stopping by! I wish you and yours an amazing year and good health.

-Renee


4 comments:

Christine B said...

Happy New Year Renee and I hope you meet all your very exciting goals for 2022! Hugs Christine xx

Queeniepatch said...

You are so focused on what you want out of life. I think it is great of you to go back to school, and the result, in the future, will be some very happy small children having lessons with Miss Renee.
All the best for 2022.

Katie said...

Glad you had a nice 2021 and I look forward to seeing what you accomplish in 2022. I'll be here cheering you along.

Tiffstitch said...

Great round-up and I hope you have an amazing 2022!