Sunday, March 1, 2020

March 2020



Hello March!

February Goals in Review and March Goals:

My March Goals:

  1. Complete the race I signed up for in March.
  2. Add 300 stitches to Fractal White Tiger cross-stitch and share progress on Stitchy Start Blog.
  3. Make progress on Twilight Duel cross-stitch to share in my March 8th and March 29th SAL updates.
  4. Make progress on Winter/Christmas Wall Quilt to share with the 1 X-mas Item a Month Blog.
  5. Make progress on my UFO list. #7 was selected for March - quilting my Sun, Sand, and Sea Block of the Month Quilt, but I need to swap that with #5 - finishing the last block.


February in review:
1. February: Train to run in March.  I am a bit frustrated with a knee issue that I hope is only shoe related.



2. February: Add 300 stitches to Charting Creations Fractal White Tiger and share progress on the Stitchy Start Blog.

Done! 723 stitches were added and the update is here



3. February: Add at least 30 stitches/day to HAED Storykeep Effects of Caffeine for 100 Days of HAED Challenge and share progress with the 3 week SAL.

Done! This piece was finished, as seen here.

1,756 stitches were added in February.
450 stitches counted toward the 100 Days of HAED Challenge.
1,306 additional stitches were added and 1,215 of those counted toward the Road Trip Around the USA Challenge - reaching  Campobello Island in the challenge.



4. February: Make progress on HAED Twilight Duel.

On February 16th, I switched to Twilight Duel for the 100 Days of HAED Challenge after finishing the Storykeep Effects of Caffeine. 

On February 28th, I spent time with a visitor rather than stitching. I only made it through 58 of the 100 Days for this challenge, but I am thrilled with my progress.

829 stitches were added to Twilight Duel in February.
360 stitches counted toward the 100 Days of HAED Challenge.
469 stitches counted toward the Road Trip Around the USA Challenge - reaching Old Port, Maine in the challenge.


5. February: Make progress on #2 and #9 on my American Patchwork Quilting (APQ) UFO Challenge.

#2 - Crazy Quilted Valentine Fabric Postcard - added a stem-stitched heart.

#9 - Winter/Christmas Wall Quilt - added a few more snowflakes.



6. February: Finish Snowman Ornament and make progress on Winter/Christmas Crazy Quilt to share on the 1 X-mas Item a Month blog.

Done! I finished this ornament yesterday and shared it here. I also added a few more snowflakes to the Winter/Christmas Crazy Quilt, as seen above.

7. InCoWriMo - Write a letter, card or postcard every day in February.

I knew InCoWriMo would be a stretch with everything else I hoped to accomplish this month. I only managed 5 of 29 this year - it was 4 more than I would have sent, though! 


Thanks for stopping by! 
Renee



7 comments:

Christine B said...

Great progress Renee and I love your little snowman ornament.... really cute! Hope you have a lovely week! Christine xx

Queeniepatch said...

I love your cq snowman. Two colours make for a striking look.

Susan said...

You have a LOT going on, and I'm amazed with all you are getting done anyway!

Sarah said...

Your quilting is beautiful and I can't wait to see more of Twilight Duel.

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything! Good luck with your March goals. I will enjoy cheering you along.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work this month. The Ornament is lovely, as are your quilts,

Renee said...

Sarah, thank you so much!