Tuesday, March 1, 2016

HAED SK Effects of Caffeine Day 5 Update

This morning, I spent a little over an hour at Les Schwab waiting to have my brakes evaluated. My car was at the auto shop earlier this week for another reason and they suspected a brake issue, too. It is turning into an expensive week.

On the bright side, I had my first opportunity to give my travel project some attention since January. 

This is the Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) "SK Effects of Caffeine" cross-stitch chart based on artwork by Randal Spangler. In the hour and ten minutes I spent stitching, I managed to add 157 stitches. It is now 3.91% complete.

This was how it looked when I began today. I filled in a bit of red on the right and some of the orange shades on the left.

It does not look like much yet, but I can see the progress and that is good enough for now.

Now... I am off to complete some chores and then work on a few TAST stitches to finally share next week.

Thanks for stopping by!
Renee

13 comments:

Laura said...

I've done a lot of cross stitching, but never a H&E. They are so detailed! I'll enjoy watching your progress.

Anthea said...

All those little stitches here & there will all add up Renee! Great work!
x

Justine said...

I can't believe this is your purse project! I would have to have my daylight lamp and frame to stitch over one on 30 count. Great job! Hope your car gets fixed soon.

Christine B said...

This is really beginning to take shape and looks beautiful! It is nice to have a few minutes to stitch without thinking you should be doing something else! Have a lovely day! Christine x

KimM said...

Boy, how intricate. I'll be watching your progress.
xxx

Katie said...

Beautiful progress. Vehicles like to steal from our bank accounts that's for sure.

Tiffstitch said...

Nice progress!

Angela said...

Lovely progress!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Those 157 stitches certainly made a big difference!

FlashinScissors said...

It's good to get the opportunity to add that amount of stitches, but really? A travel project! ?
Barbara xx

Sandra said...

New bloglovin follower here. I have looked over the Heaven & Earth designs and drooled a lot. I have too much on the go to attempt one just yet. Will be interesting watching your progress.

Diane said...

Nothing more relaxing when you have to wait for appointments then stitching.

Hugs Diane

Renee said...

Diane, I could not agree more! :)