Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday 06/10/2015


The photo above shows where I was on the retired Heaven and Earth Designs Freebie Santa and the Mouse chart I have been working on.


I completed the 7th column of stitches for this chart and began on the 8th - which is the last column on page 3!


I completed over 400 stitches this week and you can now see Santa's belt buckle! This one is now 84% complete (last week it was 82%) and is getting so close to the end that I can almost hear a hearty, "Ho! Ho! Ho!" (As fast as this year is running by, we may all hear Santa soon!)


Last Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) Done! See photos above.
2. Link up with the Monday Stitchery Link Party #9 at Super Mom No Cape on June 8th. (If you missed the party on the 1st, you may check it out here!) Done! (I caved and started a new project... I plan to share photos of my progress the first Monday of every month. However, I will be updating my little progress bar on the right side of my blog more frequently. At the moment it is 1% complete.) 
3. Put together a 2nd raised bed for our garden with my husband. Ugh. No. I did spend a couple of hours working in the yard and made some progress. However, the farmer harvested part of his field behind our house the night before and my allergies finally chased me inside. Maybe next week? The boys will be out of school to help me. (Insert evil laugh.)
4. Share photos of the next set of blocks I received for the Crazy Quilting International Under the Sea Round Robin I am participating in. Done. If you missed that post, it is here.

This Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) 
2. Link up with the Monday Stitchery Link Party #10 at Super Mom No Cape on June 8th. (If you missed the party on the 8th, you may check it out here!)
3. Put together a 2nd raised bed for our garden with my husband.
4. Finish the CQI UTS RR block for Mary (hopefully by Monday so this will complete goal #2, too!)

8 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! Congratulations on your achievements for this week! I am very excited for you now to finish Santa and Mouse... I don't think it will take you too long now!! Good luck for your goals for the coming week! :) x

Katie said...

Oh it's so beautiful! I know you need a break but I really hope you can find time to continue soon. This is gorgeous. Great job with your goals other than the one. Good luck with your next goals.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You've done well on your goals this week - and it's certainly not your fault the farmer stirred up your allergies (the nerve!).

Pamela said...

Great progress. I'm with you on how fast time is going by.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow that piece is so cute. I can barely get 20 stitches a day on the easy peasy cross stitch.

Justine said...

It's so inspiring to see you making such great progress on Santa and the Mouse. Go Renee!

Pull the other thread said...

More fantastic progress on this piece. Really love seeing this come together. Good luck with your goals.

Anonymous said...

Even without finishing that raised bed, you did a lot this last week! I look forward to seeing your new start. You have a lot more patience than I do. =)