Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Work In Progress Wednesday 05/27/2015

3 columns complete!
Saturday morning, I woke up pretty early and could not get back to sleep. So, I went downstairs and stitched for a couple of hours, waiting for my family to wake up. I was thrilled to complete the third full column of the Heaven and Earth Designs Santa and the Mouse Freebie chart. This completed over 260 stitches. 


4 columns complete!
Saturday night, my husband and I met with his parent's Pinochle group. We try to get together with them once a month. They have two tables of Pinochle going at a time. Usually, my husband sits in as an 8th person for their group, and I bring a project to work on. This month, I took Santa and the Mouse. By the time we left, I had nearly completed the 4th column of stitches. I finished the few remaining stitches in that column Sunday night. That brought the total stitches added this week to 664. 



Above is a picture of how it looked last week. The curtain is done now. At that time, this chart was 71% complete and was on schedule to be completed by October 13th. Now it is 75% complete and with an addition of 250 stitches per week, it should be completed by September 29th!


Last Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) Done. See pictures above.
2. Complete Sandra's Under the Sea block for the CQI Round Robin. Finished and mailed. 

3. Work on my Beginner's block from Kathy Shaw's FREE Crazy Quilt Basic Class. It is done! I will share more pics on Monday. Here is one of my favorite seams. 

4. Link up with the Monday Stitchery Link Party #7 at Super Mom No Cape on May 25th. (If you missed the party on the 18th, you may check it out here!) Done!
5. Put together a 2nd raised bed for our garden with my husband. Nope. I have spent over 7 hours working in our yard, but they were not spent on the 2nd garden box.
6. Share my 1 Xmas Item a Month post. Not yet, but it will be shared soon!
7. Link up with the Stop Pinning and Make Something May Link Party. (The May link up is here and details to join in are here.) Not yet. This will tie in with the 1 Xmas Item a Month post.

This Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) 
2. Link up with the Monday Stitchery Link Party #8 at Super Mom No Cape on June 1st. (If you missed the party on the 25th, you may check it out here!)
3. Put together a 2nd raised bed for our garden with my husband.
4. Share my 1 Xmas Item a Month post.
5. Link up with the Stop Pinning and Make Something May Link Party. (The May link up is here and details to join in are here.)

6 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Great stitching, good luck with your goals.

Christine B said...

Love your BCQC seam too and I love your finished under the sea block! You have done really well with your goals this week and I hope you achieve much in the coming week too! Have a happy week of stitching! :) x

KimM said...

Love seeing your goals and progress.
xxx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You're progressing so fast with your Santa project (altho', to you, I don't suppose you feel it's fast at all!!).

crazyQstitcher said...

Well done with the stitching and getting ahead of your expectations.
I love how you have a list of 'to-do' and mark them off. Sometimes the length of it looks mind boggling.

Katie said...

Oh wow you got a lot done! Great job!!