Wednesday, April 15, 2015

WIP Wednesday 04/15/2015


264 stitches were added to Santa and the Mouse this week. 
This is a retired freebie chart from Heaven and Earth Designs.
It is a smaller portion of this chart.
It is stitched 2 over 1 on 28-count fabric (Monaco, I think...)


Above shows the section I worked on this week. 
Below shows how it looked last week.


If I tallied them up correctly, there are 17,666 stitches in this chart.
I have completed 10,833 stitches; so, it is now 61.3% complete.

Note of interest:

Before I forget, I wanted to let you know that Kim at Wisdom with Needle and Thread is hostessing a Decorative Thimble Exchange. Details are HERE. You need to sign up by April 20th. It sounds fun!

I discovered several blogs last week featuring progress on Heaven and Earth Designs cross-stitch charts. (I really needed a break from writing at the time...) Several of the blogs featured little meters on the sidebar showing their progress. I loved the feature, so I added one for Santa and the Mouse and one for my Camp NaNoWriMo progress. They are on the right side bar. (Does that make it productive procrastination?!) 

I have a confession. Ordinarily, I do not stress over my list of goals. I keep it as a reminder of projects I hope to complete soon.  This week, with the exception of Santa and the Mouse and my BCQC block, everything has an impending deadline. And, I forgot about a snowball swap planned for this month. (Oops!) Below is the picture of the bare block. (It looks much different now - I even managed to balance out that white triangle at the top.)


I felt the pressure this week with all of that in addition to keeping up with my chores and spending time with my hubby and my boys. And, I spent 3 days helping my mom out this week. 

Luckily for me, I enjoy everything I am working on! (Though I will admit some days the writing is work.) While my sewing machine was out, I also completed the gifts I will share at 1xmasitemamonth.blogspot.com on April twenty-fifth. 


Last Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) 264 stitches completed - pictured above.

2. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures. Here is a peek at the seam I am working on:


3. Work on Beginner's Crazy Quilt Block. Not this week. I worked on the snowball block instead.

4. Write at least 11632 words this week, for a total of 23,333 words for Camp NaNoWriMo. Sigh... I wish! What a rough, rough week for writing. My time has been pulled in so many directions that I decided to be thankful for the 6,645 words I did write. I am 37% done. (By the end of today that would need to be 50% done to be on track...)


5. Complete another project for the Have a Latte Blog Hop. (I love this Clothworks fabric line!) Done! My post was written on Monday and it is scheduled to post on my blog at midnight Eastern Standard Time on the 16th (9 p.m. tonight, my time.)

View the full schedule HERE.

6. Work on Kathy's CQI UTS RR block. Here is a tiny sneak peek at a base seam stitch:




This Week's Goals:
1. Complete 250 x-stitches on the HAED Santa & the Mouse chart (which is no longer available, but it is a part of this chart at Heaven and Earth Designs.) 
2. Work on a block requested in exchange for my son's senior pictures.
3. 
Write at least 13,860 words this week, for a total of 32,206 words for Camp NaNoWriMo. (That is an average of 1,980 words per day. If I am closer to 35,000, all the better!)
4. Complete and mail out the snowball for Kathy S.
5. Complete and mail out Kathy's CQI UTS RR block.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a lot of goals this week, and made amazing progress! I know if I'd been helping someone else for three days, I'd probably have nothing done at all! I look forward to seeing your completed black and white block, and I love that seam you showed.

Christine B said...

Hello Renee! You have been busy in all areas this week!! I hope you get a bit more time to work on your goals this coming week! I love all the projects you are working on and it is fun to see the progress! :) x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm always fascinated to see your progress on your goals - it has to be time-consuming just to keep up with your goal list each week. I know better than to do it myself because I would be so upset if I didn't meet my goals and be so resentful of everything (and everybody!) that interfered.

Queeniepatch said...

I've been away and you've been busy! Santa is growing 61.3% is a great achievement.