Sunday, March 1, 2015

CQI Under the Sea Round Robin - Nicki Lee's Bare Blocks


Look at the beautiful Under the Sea (UTS) blocks that arrived in my mailbox last week!

Nicki Lee in MA pieced these lovely blocks.
Nicki Lee is well known for her amazing crazy quilting and for the beautiful hand dyed laces she sells at Raviolee Dreams at Etsy.com
Check out this GORGEOUS UTS block Nicki Lee made for the 2013 Message in a Bottle contest at Crazy Quilt Supplies.

(Speaking of contests, I believe Crazy Quilt Supplies will be introducing the crazy quilt kit for their 2015 Spring Challenge sometime today.)


Out of the 6 blocks, I chose to work on this one.
Today, I will plan how to embellish it.

This is going to be fun!

Thanks for stopping by,
Renee

4 comments:

Christine B said...

What beautiful blocks! Have fun embellishing Renee! :) xx

Queeniepatch said...

Here you have sky, sun, sea, beach... It will be fun to decorate, I bet.

Pamela said...

Beautiful fabrics and piecing. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous set, and I think yours is the one I would have picked, too. I know you're going to do beautiful things on that.