Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday

For a larger view, click on the image.
I have wanted to participate in Sharon Boggon's Work in Progress (WIP) Wednesday for some time.  I figure this week it is finally time to take that step!

If you have a project you are working on and think you might like some support and motivation to make weekly progress, I encourage you to consider participating in Pin Tangle's Work In Progress Wednesday! For information about WIP, CLICK HERE.  The link will take you to the WIP Faq page on the Pin Tangle website.

Aside from the two TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesday) stitches I shared in February, I have made little progress. I did find a blue trim at JoAnn Fabrics that I attached to one seam with a single strand of DMC cotton in a similar shade of blue.  Now, I am in the process of stem-stitching around the word, "Dream," using a single strand of a pale blue DMC cotton floss.  (Kathy B. outlined the word, "Love," on the block she embellished, and I thought it turned out lovely!  You can see the other blocks if you CLICK HERE.)
Renee's "Dream" block progress as of 3/26/14
I hope to make better progress to share with you by next Wednesday!

Hugs,
Renee



7 comments:

sharonb said...

I like the idea of outlining stamped letters - it looks great Oh and welcome to my little support group!

Wendy said...

such a beautiful block. Whenever I see people posting about their CQ blocks, I so want to make one, but I never do!

Annet said...

O yes, the outlining of the letters look great! I'm looking forward to the next stitches on this block.

jackiescrafts said...

Your block is looking great I love the blues and the outlined letters

Jackie c

Renee said...

Thank you! Kathy B. outlined the letters on one of my blocks and I loved the look of it. :)

Renee said...

Thank you! When you decide to make a block, let me know. I would love to see it!

Renee said...

Thank you! My next stitches will be shared in my next TAST post. Speaking of TAST, I just love the cover you made for your fabric book!