Wednesday, August 21, 2013

CQI Winter/Christmas DYB RR - Blocks pieced by Kathy S.

Kathy S. pieced a beautiful canvas and Barbara W. painted a beautiful picture.
Look at what I received in the mail last week!  While I was stitching on one of the blocks Barbara W. pieced together for our Winter/Christmas DYB (Do Your Block) Round Robin through the Crazy Quilting International group on Yahoo!, Barbara was working on a block pieced by Kathy S.  (If you click on the photo, you should have a larger view.)

I love this block, but I must admit the tree and the cardinal are my absolute favorite additions!  Barbara's work is so beautiful, I cannot wait to see what she adds to one of my blocks when she receives them.

Of the 6 blocks Kathy S. pieced, I have 5 to choose from.  The fabrics are gorgeous, as you may be able to tell from the photos posted below.  (My iron died last week, so please ignore the wrinkles from the mail.)

Oops! I forgot to add "Kathy S." to the title on the photo.
The block I plan to embellish.
The last block is the one I plan to work on.  I have a plan sketched out.  However, I have a couple of ideas on that sketch that I have no idea how I am going to manage with a needle and thread.  Therein lies the challenge, right?! 

At the moment, I am working on my entry for the Evening Star Designs Winter Challenge 2013.  One idea for this block came from an addition to my challenge piece.  (Unlike my RR blocks, I have not sketched a plan for my challenge piece.  As a result, it is taking me FOREVER when I finish one section and want to move onto another.  However, with one exception, I am happy with the additions I have made.)  Now, I may just use my challenge piece to practice for those tricky ideas I have for this block.  Time will tell.  Both projects need to be completed by September 15th.  My CQJP 2013 block is progressing ever so slowly in between other projects.  I hope to have more to share with you soon!







No comments: