Sunday, July 14, 2013

CQI Winter/Christmas DYB RR - My Bare Blocks

Winter/Christmas DYB Round Robin Bare Blocks
 It has been about a year since my first round robin with the Crazy Quilting International Yahoo! group, and I have been itching to join another.

When a Winter/Christmas Do Your Block (DYB) Round Robin (RR) opened up, I simply had to sign up!  With a DYB RR, there are 6 participants.  Each one pieces 6 6-inch blocks.  We will mail ours out on Monday, the 15th.

The first person to receive the blocks will pick one to embellish, the second person will select from the remaining five blocks, etc.  When the blocks make it back home, 5 will be embellished and one will remain for me to stitch.

Once again, I used my favorite crazy quilting book by J. Marsha Michler, and tried something new - painting with acrylic paint (not fabric paint) using stencils. (I have pictures, but they are on my laptop that does not want to work properly.  That is probably for the best, as my husband is waiting patiently for the use of this computer!)

This should be a very fun round robin.  I can barely wait!

Have a wonderful week!
-Renee

No comments: