Monday, March 27, 2017

February Wall Quilt


In January, I finally fully finished this crazy quilt block I embellished back in June of 2012 into a small wall quilt. It was the 2nd block I ever embellished.

Most of the seams and a few of the motifs on this block were inspired by the book An Encyclopedia of Crazy Quilt Stitches and Motifs by Linda Causee. (I checked the book out a the library and loved the ideas.) You may see more photos of the completed block here.

I would have shared this finish sooner, but I submitted a photo to the Spring 2017 Edition of Our Quilting Journey Magazine, which is available through Magcloud. The theme was flowers and baskets. (I am not affiliated with the magazine. You may find it here, if you are interested.) The theme of the next edition will be stars abound. Sane and crazy quilting submissions may be submitted by May 1, 2017. You may find more details about submissions here.

I am linking with Stitchery Link Party #103 at Super Mom - No Cape! I encourage you to stop by to see the free embroidery pattern and check out details on the anniversary giveaway.

Life here has been very busy! I hope to catch up on replying to comments on Tuesday. Wishing you all a fantastic week!
-Renee



9 comments:

Pamela said...

Perfect for February and Valentine's Day.

Christine B said...

What a beautiful little quilt Renee! Hope you enjoy a wonderful week! Christine x

Queeniepatch said...

Love is all around!

Katie said...

Oh so beautiful. Congrats on the finish.

Anonymous said...

On only your second block, your seams were already so beautifully thought out! It makes a great small hanging. Don't reply to me. Use the minutes to put 3 more stitches in the dragons! LOL

Createology said...

Lovely CQ quilt block. Now you will always know how far your CQ skills have come. You have truly found your niche dear. <3

Angela said...

Lovely!

CathieJ said...

I love all of that beautiful stitching. This is so pretty.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh dear - now you're guilting me into getting out some of those unfinished blocks I have languishing in the closet. Good for you for completing something that you've had in your stash!