Wednesday, December 28, 2016

1 Christmas Item a Month - December 2016


Wow! I do not know about all of you, but Christmas felt like it whipped right by. I do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas or a happy holiday season!

Last Friday, a relative went into the hospital for the 2nd time in two months. (They are home again now and doing well.) It was only two days after another relative had surgery (which went really well) and I found myself with too much nervous energy to get to sleep Friday night. So, instead of going to bed at 9:30 p.m., I started making these two little zipper pouches. :)


I thought they would be a fun way to gift a couple of gift cards we had purchased. 

Thanks to this tutorial by the Missouri Star Quilt Company on YouTube and this tutorial on making a wristlet, these were easy and fun to create. (I am not affiliated with either website, but found the information helpful.)


Both gifts were well received. Another last minute gift was one I made back in January. I intended to sell it in my Etsy shop when I made it... (Have you noticed a pattern there? 2017 is a new year, right?! I really will stock the Etsy shop...) 

I embroidered a snowman on the bottom of the tissue-pack. It was made with upcycled denim.



Once again, I want to thank Narelle for hosting the 1 X-mas Item a Month blog. Without that extra push of motivation each month, I would not have had as many handmade gifts to share this year. 

I do plan to participate again next year, if the workshop is open in 2017!

A dear friend of mine from Little Orphan Stitch let me know about another challenge that I have decided to participate with in 2017. If you have 12 or more UFOs, you may be interested! (UFO = UnFinished Object.)

I decided to participate in the 2017 UFO Challenge at allpeoplequilt.com. You may find the full details here. Projects do not have to be quilts. They may include embroidery, knitting, crochet, scrapbooking, and painting. Participants are to post photos of finishes with the hashtag #APQResolution on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

I told my husband I was making another commitment next year and I could almost hear him groan. (Every now and then he'll tease me by asking, "How many projects do you have going now?!") When I told him I joined a challenge to complete 12 unfinished projects in 2017, I think it left him a little bit stunned. (I am giggling as I type this. He is incredibly supportive!)

Today is also the last day to register for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2017

Tomorrow, I hope to share my list of 12 projects for the 2017 UFO Challenge. 

Friday, I will share my update on the Fractal White Tiger.

Saturday, I will share a review of my 2016 goals and progress.

Wow! 2017 is really close. I wish you all a fantastic week.  Thank you for stopping by!

Renee
.

8 comments:

Createology said...

Hello Renee. Christmas really did rush right by this year. I am very impressed wih your monthly Chriistmas makes and the resulting gifts you had at the ready. Nice to have goals. I have no idea what I am hoping to accomplish in 2017 due to our home not selling ...yet. Blessings and Bliss Dear...

Justine said...

Hope you had a lovely Christmas Renee despite your family health issues. Those zipper pouches look perfect. I really must try this!
I really like the sound of your 2017 stitchy plans. I don't have 12 WIPS that could be finished in a year but a finishing SAL sounds perfect!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Renee!! I hope to have some of your focus in the coming year!! Sounds like you have a great plan for 2017. Those little pouches are so cute and useful. Best wishes to your family for good health. Happy New Year.
xx, Carol

Katie said...

I love the cute things you made. Good luck with your 2017 goals. I look forward to cheering you along.

Tiffstitch said...

Great finishes on the pouches and the little tissue holder!

Gina said...

Great makes. I love the wristlets, very useful xx

Anonymous said...

It was hard, but I didn't register this year. I love your projects. Your little bags look so well made, and that snowman is very cute.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I really did enjoy seeing your progress on the creation of one Christmas item each month - I really should take a page out of your book. Actually (shhhh) I might have thought of what I'm making for several people next year AND what ornaments I'm planning to make. What's up with THAT!!!! I'm never that organized!