Note to self... When updating a post, do not close without saving changes if you accidentally hit revert to draft. It lost the whole post... Oops! Here goes another attempt...
Today, I finished embellishing Kathy's gorgeous block! Adding lace elements is a bit out of my comfort zone, and I feel like I need to keep working on balancing out the design. However, I do love this lace seaweed! It was hand dyed by Nicki Lee of Raviolee Dreams.
Below is a picture of the bare block. You may click on any picture for a larger image.
I have wanted to try making a clown fish for a long time; however, I was not sure I could pull it off. I finally decided to sketch one and give it a go. Not too far along, I was certain I would need to tear the whole thing out. I was so convinced it would not work, I took a picture of it in progress - just so you could see why, in the unlikely event it did work. (The outline was penciled in on the muslin backing.)
It went from the photo above, to the photo below. It is not a perfect clown fish, but I was delighted with how it turned out. (I felt like doing a happy dance!)
I also wanted to add a seahorse, but I did not want it to be the same as the one I have stitched in the past. I thought about just changing the color, but opted to make a completely new sketch.
He was a lot of fun to stitch!
Above is a picture of the beautiful block Nicki Lee embellished for Kathy in March. Below is a picture of our two blocks together.
I do hope Kathy likes her blocks!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
If you are looking for the Have a Latte Blog Hop, the full schedule is here and my post is here.